Submitted by Sam
Support Engineer / Game Development Framework
BigWorld is seeking a support engineer for its award winning BigWorld™ Technology for use in Massively Multiplayer Online Games. In this challenging role you will have to demonstrate your dual ability to deliver relevant and robust technical support, while developing and fostering excellent relationships with our clients.
We are looking for a Software support Engineer who has strong problem solving, documentation and people skills to directly assist game development teams with using and integrating BigWorld™ Technology. As a member of a tight knit team of world-class software developers, you will support our customers’ game development efforts and provide expertise on use issues. In this role, you will communicate with many groups, confirming that needs are met and future needs are anticipated.
You will be proactive in working with the development team, gathering information on products, designing and writing technical documentations when required. You will also ensure that the existing documentation accurately reflects the behaviour of the software products.
• 2-3 years C++ programming
• Technical Writing experience is essential
• Microsoft Windows and Linux software development environments, 3D computer graphics, preferably Direct3D
• Experience of development tools such as Visual Studio.NET and CVS
• Some network development experience will be an advantage
• knowledge of debugging and profiling tools will be an advantage
• Ability to analyse complex issues
• Excellent communication skills and a strong team player
• Good people skills and ability to work with many different engineers with differing talent levels.
• Forward thinker who keeps long term goals in mind even when dealing with short term problems.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work successfully without direct supervision.
If you believe that you are the right person for this position, please forward your resume either by mail or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org