*** THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN ***
JOB TITLE: Producer
TEAM: SEGA Studios, Australia
LOCATION: Level 1, 47 Warner Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia
REPORTING TO: Senior Producer
As one of the world’s leading software publishers and developers, SEGA distributes games for a variety of hardware platforms such as Xbox 360, PlayStation, Nintendo, PC and wireless devices. We are very proud of our varied portfolio, boasting some of the bestselling and award-winning titles in the video-gaming world including Sonic The Hedgehog™, Football Manager™, Virtua Tennis™ and the Total War™ series.
SEGA has always been synonymous with great games and we plan to continue this incredible brand heritage, encouraging creative talent from our worldwide development studios, rich arcade heritage, huge brand recognition and the determination to set new standards in interactive entertainment.
SEGA Studio Australia is looking for talented, motivated individuals who are passionate about making great games. The studio facilitates a collaborative team environment in the belief that to produce the best games, teams must have creative ownership and constantly develop working practices.
Life in Brisbane
Positioned in the sub-tropics, Brisbane has achieved international recognition for having one of the most desirable climates in the world. Queensland is home to many renowned leisure destinations including tropical rainforests, relaxing rural retreats, and some of the world’s best surfing beaches. Combine the outdoor lifestyle and low living costs, Brisbane provides an exceptional quality of life.
The Producer will be responsible for managing internal game development teams, and will be driven by quality results. They must understand the principles of production and demands of deadlines, scope, budgets and development practices.
- PRODUCTION SCHEDULE - partner with developers in building & maintaining a quality focused project schedule; monitoring status, tracking tasks, milestones, risks, mitigations and dependencies.
- SCHEDULING TECHNIQUES - implement estimation, scope capacity techniques, and schedule reviews to enable project planning to be executed efficiently, communicating changes to the schedule and what their impact will be.
- MS PROJECT - provides support to leads and managers on MS Project and project management methodologies.
- LEADERSHIP - lead game development teams and facilitate communication between teams & departments removing roadblocks before they occur.
- STATUS UPDATES - provide regular status updates to the Senior Producer, raising issues, areas for improvements in the schedule, and risks.
- GAME DESIGN - read and analyse all game design documentation to understand the scope and structure of the game and its component parts, ensuring that all game features and supporting tech/tools are reflected in the schedule.
- PRODUCT REVIEWS - participate in the ongoing review with the Senior Producer of product quality during development. Participate in the post-mortem review process to assist in identifying the successes and obstacles of each project stage.
- GAMES INDUSTRY - familiarise yourself with current games so that you are aware of the graphical, technical and gameplay benchmarks.
- EXTERNAL MANAGEMENT - assist as required managing external resources & suppliers.
- LOCALISATION & QA – assist as required, with the localisation of the project and work with QA Management on bug tracking.
- TEAM - contribute to a productive, healthy and fun work environment.
- SUPPORT - support the Senior Producer with ad hoc tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Shipped at least one major console title
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time, to a high quality.
- Excellent Project Management skills in a variety of methodologies.
- Highly competent in MS Project and/or similar software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, quality focused.
- Leadership skills.
- Degree in management, software-related field, or equivalent professional training is a plus.
- A passion for playing games!
- Intermediate knowledge of Hansoft
*** THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER OPEN ***