Location: Australia - Melbourne
Role: Quality Assurance
Specialty: Temporary Full-Time Quality Assurance
EA & VISCERAL GAMES
Visceral Games is EA’s longest running development studio. With offices in Redwood Shores, California and Melbourne, Australia our teams work in a global partnership to create best-in-breed action games on the XBox 360 and PS3. Our relentless focus on excellence spawned the breakthrough, award-winning franchise Dead Space™ and Dante’s Inferno™.
EA was founded 26 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
Quality Assurance Technicians, or Testers, perform a vital role in game development, testing, tuning, debugging, and suggesting detailed refinements that lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game. The job involves playing (i.e., testing) the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, they act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. Testers are responsible for assuring quality in the final product and for finding flaws in a game before it goes public.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a QA Tester to join our Visceral Games Studio for an eight month contract!
As a QA Compliance Tester, you will be responsible for running test cases/test suites, performing regression testing, verify claimed bug fixes and entering data into a bug tracking system. Teamwork and a professional attitude is KEY to this role.
Although video game testing can be fun and rewarding, it is hard work. We are looking for responsible, dependable candidates who have an eye for detail, great work ethics, excellent verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Gameplay testing with a focus on combat balance, navigation, environment and visuals.
• UI and metagame testing.
• Impact testing on individual defects or areas with high risk/change.
• Write succinct bug reports that include detailed reproduction steps.
• Work with designers to provide gameplay feedback and assist in balance tuning.
• Work with designer/producer/engineer to understand the feature set and testing requirements.
What Skills does EA look for?
• 1+ years of QA experience on games.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Passion for gaming across many genres and platforms.
• Experience with multiple web browsers, Bug Defect Database, Source Control software.
• Game design experience would be an advantage.
• Experience with mathematical balancing would be an advantage.
• Ability and patience to perform detailed testing.
• Dependable and punctual.
Click here for the related link