REQ. #: 33956
Job Title: Associate Production Artist
Specialty: Production Artist
Location: Australia - Melbourne
Description: Associate Production Artist
* Free games!
* Leave loading and bonus scheme as part of your package
* Work within a team of talented and passionate people
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Artist to join our IronMonkey Studio team, based in Melbourne.
A little about Electronic Arts....
EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry and the company has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games.
Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The role of Associate Production Artist will be responsible for creating and producing industry standard artwork for use in commercial video game products in accordance with the direction of the Art Director. Working within a small and highly motivated team, you will be required to report status of project plans and schedules to the Art Director and the Producer and take guidance and instruction in improving and refining the skill set required for art production.
What skills does EA look for??
- 2-3 years experience with Maya, Adobe Photoshop
- The ability to create artwork that is both high quality, and which works efficiently within the prescribed technology / limitations.
- The ability to take direction and use initiative in executing production tasks
- Strong team skills and problem solving abilities
- Efficient work practices for quick turn-around time under deadline pressure
Ideal candidates would demonstrate:
- Some level of Maya Mel or Python scripting proficiency
- Skills in illustration to support texturing / modeling ability
- Experience with supplemental packages suck as Zbrush and Modo
- The more diverse your skill set and thinking, the more valuable you are as an artist. Great Artists at EA tend to have a good foundation in Art History and History of Design.
NOTE: only applications with examples of artwork will be considered
Apply at the EA website at the following link...