Software Engineer - IronMonkey Studios
IronMonkey Studio's - EA Games
Full time, permanent position
Social friendly team environment
IronMonkey Studio is EA’s premiere iPhone development studio. It has been recognised for excellence in development for the iPhone and next generation wireless devices with Sims 3 and Need For Speed being the top grossing games on the Appstore 2009. The focus on innovation, passion and quality is key to bringing the biggest EA franchises to the fastest growing market.
A little about Electronic Arts....
EA was founded 27 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favourites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims.
About the position...
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join our IronMonkey Studio team, based in Melbourne. The Software Engineer is an essential part of the mobile game development team.
- Programming applications for the mobile devices using Objective C and C++
- Writing and implementing tools for the creation of such applications
- Reporting the status of the project to the Producer
- Maintaining and enforcing schedules in collaboration with the Producer
- Working within a small, motivated team and communicate effectively
- User interface programming
- Game system programming
- 2D/3D graphics programming
- Special effects programming
What skills does EA look for?
- Three or more years programming experience
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Exceptional maths skills
- Ability to work within a schedule
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a very dynamic environment
- Ability to work with and extend existing code
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience in assembly programming would be advantageous
- Programming experience in the game industry would be advantageous
- Be willing and able to commit to an eight month contract
If this sounds like you, than don't delay. Come and join our friendly team by clicking APPLY NOW, and you will be taken to our custom application form.
You will be rewarded with an attractive base salary, bonus, shares, a fantastic team culture, and even free games!!
Apply at the EA website at the following link...