Skip to main content

Game finished

Submitted by metatron on

The game I was working on with a team has been finished.
To grab the demo or the full game head on over to this website.

http://www.sdastudios.com/

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 04/07/03 - 9:44 PM Permalink

Well now that you've finished a game you've completed 50% of successfully releasing it. Now you have to market the game to your potential audience (since you're selling it, if it were a free game you could just post the links up in several places and watch the downloads progress).

Now I have to say that I'm not a marketing expert, but I have read a fair bit about game development and then selling the game / product, and I am also a potential customer of yours. Gamedev.net have run a nice story about developing shareware not a while back, might be interested to read that.

The first thing that occured to me when I visited the provided site, is that there are no screenshots, or decent images of what the game is like - you must have them!!! - then there is only a short list of features, of which I only understood it to be a turn based game with lots of units. It would be more helpful to me as a "potential customer" to see some in game screenshots, some profiles (images and text describing the object) of some of the units and factions in your game, a bit of history where your game is set out to be etc.

That's about all the feedback I can think of now, although good work on completing a whole game!

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 04/07/03 - 9:54 PM Permalink

Good job on completing a game, shows alot of commitment.
Unfortunaletly the site really wasn't very impressive and first opinions count for alot.

Screen shots are an absolute must and get your artist to tart the site up a bit, doesn't have to be over board, just cleaner.
One more thing, you might want to change your logo, thats your 'brand name', the thing you want everyone to associate with your work, it looks 3 minutes worth of effort went into it so people will assume thats the amount of effort you put into the game.
Theres a reason Coke outsells Coles brand cola and its not just taste.

Will try the demo out when I get the chance. [:)]
Good luck.

Submitted by trankillity on Sun, 06/07/03 - 3:17 AM Permalink

Hear, hear. Nothing like a web site that makes your eyes bleed to turn customers away. If I can become *half* the designer that the Blizzard web guys are i'll be all too pleased.

Posted by metatron on

The game I was working on with a team has been finished.
To grab the demo or the full game head on over to this website.

http://www.sdastudios.com/

Submitted by Daemin on Fri, 04/07/03 - 9:44 PM Permalink

Well now that you've finished a game you've completed 50% of successfully releasing it. Now you have to market the game to your potential audience (since you're selling it, if it were a free game you could just post the links up in several places and watch the downloads progress).

Now I have to say that I'm not a marketing expert, but I have read a fair bit about game development and then selling the game / product, and I am also a potential customer of yours. Gamedev.net have run a nice story about developing shareware not a while back, might be interested to read that.

The first thing that occured to me when I visited the provided site, is that there are no screenshots, or decent images of what the game is like - you must have them!!! - then there is only a short list of features, of which I only understood it to be a turn based game with lots of units. It would be more helpful to me as a "potential customer" to see some in game screenshots, some profiles (images and text describing the object) of some of the units and factions in your game, a bit of history where your game is set out to be etc.

That's about all the feedback I can think of now, although good work on completing a whole game!

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 04/07/03 - 9:54 PM Permalink

Good job on completing a game, shows alot of commitment.
Unfortunaletly the site really wasn't very impressive and first opinions count for alot.

Screen shots are an absolute must and get your artist to tart the site up a bit, doesn't have to be over board, just cleaner.
One more thing, you might want to change your logo, thats your 'brand name', the thing you want everyone to associate with your work, it looks 3 minutes worth of effort went into it so people will assume thats the amount of effort you put into the game.
Theres a reason Coke outsells Coles brand cola and its not just taste.

Will try the demo out when I get the chance. [:)]
Good luck.

Submitted by trankillity on Sun, 06/07/03 - 3:17 AM Permalink

Hear, hear. Nothing like a web site that makes your eyes bleed to turn customers away. If I can become *half* the designer that the Blizzard web guys are i'll be all too pleased.