Skip to main content

Journal/Gallary?

Submitted by DaleK on
Forum

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I use the journal/gallary?

When I click on "Journal Entry" in my profile it just returns me to my profile, and clicking on the gallary link brings up an error.

Thanks
Dale

Submitted by souri on Sat, 05/08/06 - 10:17 PM Permalink

There are two modes to your page. The journal entry mode, which shows your journal entries. The profile comments mode, which shows any comments that people have made for you.

The gallery won't work if you don't actually have any pics in there - I should make it more friendly, but I'll definately get onto that later.

Make sure you log in to your account (where it says Journal / News Login ) to make posts and upload art.

Submitted by DaleK on Sat, 05/08/06 - 10:58 PM Permalink

Souri,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately when I log in as you say I see nothing to indicate a new post or uploading. I do get the two links for journal and comments mode, and comments mode appears to let me comment. When I click the journal mode side it has the send an email to member boxes.

Dale

EDIT: Just found out I can edit. Sorry.
1. Top of page says "Logged in: DaleK"
2. Just checked in IE (as I normally use Firefox) and getting a script error line 107 character 33 "expected ;" in page http://www.sumea.com.au/sprofile.asp?member=390

Hope this helps. :)

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/08/06 - 9:25 AM Permalink

Yeh, when you log in, the black bar of menus up the top change a bit. The "Logged in: DaleK" button will take you directly to your page. The button next to it is Sumea Admin, and that's what you click to go in to the admin section and do all the editing.

Thanks for the script error report [:)]. Will get onto that one soon.

Submitted by DaleK on Sun, 06/08/06 - 10:34 PM Permalink

Sorry Souri,

But when I'm logged in and click the Admin button it takes me directly back to the homepage (doesn't matter what page I have open) and I'm still unable to do anything if I go back to my profile.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/08/06 - 11:01 PM Permalink

Ok, I screwed up big time with the backend. It should all be ok now. Let me know if you run into any more problems because they do help me with fixing things. [:)]

Submitted by DaleK on Mon, 07/08/06 - 8:21 AM Permalink

Thanks, all works. Journal updated. :-)

Posted by DaleK on
Forum

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do I use the journal/gallary?

When I click on "Journal Entry" in my profile it just returns me to my profile, and clicking on the gallary link brings up an error.

Thanks
Dale

Submitted by souri on Sat, 05/08/06 - 10:17 PM Permalink

There are two modes to your page. The journal entry mode, which shows your journal entries. The profile comments mode, which shows any comments that people have made for you.

The gallery won't work if you don't actually have any pics in there - I should make it more friendly, but I'll definately get onto that later.

Make sure you log in to your account (where it says Journal / News Login ) to make posts and upload art.

Submitted by DaleK on Sat, 05/08/06 - 10:58 PM Permalink

Souri,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately when I log in as you say I see nothing to indicate a new post or uploading. I do get the two links for journal and comments mode, and comments mode appears to let me comment. When I click the journal mode side it has the send an email to member boxes.

Dale

EDIT: Just found out I can edit. Sorry.
1. Top of page says "Logged in: DaleK"
2. Just checked in IE (as I normally use Firefox) and getting a script error line 107 character 33 "expected ;" in page http://www.sumea.com.au/sprofile.asp?member=390

Hope this helps. :)

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/08/06 - 9:25 AM Permalink

Yeh, when you log in, the black bar of menus up the top change a bit. The "Logged in: DaleK" button will take you directly to your page. The button next to it is Sumea Admin, and that's what you click to go in to the admin section and do all the editing.

Thanks for the script error report [:)]. Will get onto that one soon.

Submitted by DaleK on Sun, 06/08/06 - 10:34 PM Permalink

Sorry Souri,

But when I'm logged in and click the Admin button it takes me directly back to the homepage (doesn't matter what page I have open) and I'm still unable to do anything if I go back to my profile.

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/08/06 - 11:01 PM Permalink

Ok, I screwed up big time with the backend. It should all be ok now. Let me know if you run into any more problems because they do help me with fixing things. [:)]

Submitted by DaleK on Mon, 07/08/06 - 8:21 AM Permalink

Thanks, all works. Journal updated. :-)