Skip to main content

HELP! Dongle emulator needed 3d Studio Max

Submitted by moonwitch on
Forum

HELP! The dongle for my registered and fully owned (HAHAHA- not according to Kinetix)has been corrupted. I am running release 2.5 and cannot get into the program! I emailed the distributor and they said that because the software was so old they wouldnt replace the dongle - I'd have to upgrade and buy the new version....
Well me money tree aint growing hundred dollar bills! In fact I think its dead....

I really really want to get this software up and running again - does anyone know how I can do this without paying a lot of money?

Submitted by mcdrewski on Sat, 08/10/05 - 5:33 AM Permalink

*This* is what's wrong with copy protection. Honest people get screwed. Sorry dude, but I think it's time for a visit to ebay.

Submitted by moonwitch on Sat, 08/10/05 - 10:15 PM Permalink

So - no-one has a crack sitting round gathering dust? LOL

Submitted by kingofdaveness on Tue, 27/03/07 - 7:04 PM Permalink

[cough] The dudes at Autodesk do actually read these forums you know... :)

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 30/03/07 - 3:26 PM Permalink

KingofDaveness:
Then they should be sending Moonwitch a new dongle right now I guess? lol

Moonwitch:
In all seriousness never ask for a crack, go through the right channels.

As you have paid for it they owe you some type of support, you may just need to send back the dongle and some proof of purchase.

Autodesk will tell you where you stand.

Posted by moonwitch on
Forum

HELP! The dongle for my registered and fully owned (HAHAHA- not according to Kinetix)has been corrupted. I am running release 2.5 and cannot get into the program! I emailed the distributor and they said that because the software was so old they wouldnt replace the dongle - I'd have to upgrade and buy the new version....
Well me money tree aint growing hundred dollar bills! In fact I think its dead....

I really really want to get this software up and running again - does anyone know how I can do this without paying a lot of money?

Submitted by mcdrewski on Sat, 08/10/05 - 5:33 AM Permalink

*This* is what's wrong with copy protection. Honest people get screwed. Sorry dude, but I think it's time for a visit to ebay.

Submitted by moonwitch on Sat, 08/10/05 - 10:15 PM Permalink

So - no-one has a crack sitting round gathering dust? LOL

Submitted by kingofdaveness on Tue, 27/03/07 - 7:04 PM Permalink

[cough] The dudes at Autodesk do actually read these forums you know... :)

Submitted by Malus on Fri, 30/03/07 - 3:26 PM Permalink

KingofDaveness:
Then they should be sending Moonwitch a new dongle right now I guess? lol

Moonwitch:
In all seriousness never ask for a crack, go through the right channels.

As you have paid for it they owe you some type of support, you may just need to send back the dongle and some proof of purchase.

Autodesk will tell you where you stand.