Skip to main content

Sumea admin section offline for a bit

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

I'm doing some maintenance, and adding some functionaliy (AIM,ICQ, MSN etc details for sumea profile members, indie developer profiles etc), so the admin section will be offline and you won't be able to add any news and pics until it's all done. Could possibly take a couple of days or more.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 12/02/04 - 11:22 AM Permalink

It's back up, haven't heard from the server admin guy so can't upload the changes yet.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 19/02/04 - 10:41 AM Permalink

So yes, the admin section is offline again for a few days. I have the unenviable task of fixing, adding, and testing everything at the moment. I've added some things to Sumea so it'll be even more useful, like the Sumea calendar where we'll have a list of the events and conferences that are coming up, their dates, a count down to when the day it starts etc... and hopefully we'll get some more interest from educational institutions with providing enrolment dates. There are plenty of other things that can go on the calendar, development kit deadlines etc, so it'll definately be useful.
Plus there's the Independant Developer section, and admin support so they can log in and edit their profile, games info, add news etc. In fact, any developer/developer service etc can have an account so they can do that too if they like.
Sumea members can have ICQ,AIM, and MSN contact details. If there's any other functionality, srevices or ideas you'd like on Sumea, let me know and I'll see about putting it in.

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 23/02/04 - 2:29 AM Permalink

I put in my MSN address and it is not showing in my main user profile.
Is something a miss?

Also, just like to say thanks Souri- youre always building and improving this website.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 23/02/04 - 9:08 AM Permalink

I've just had to fix some important things with the new changes today which worked on my personal web server, but for some reason didn't work online. Seems to be fine now. I'll get onto msn stuff asap (it'll display whether you're online or not etc) - I just have to look into how it's done first [:)]).. it's probably pretty simple.

There are people still having trouble with the step-by-step guide on uploading pics for their news (I noticed someone had a 100k image for their thumbnail picture on the main page - it's not possible to upload more than 4000bytes for thumbnails, so they actually had to redit their news and place the 100k image there *shrugs*), and the naming convention has baffled a heck of a lot of people, so I'm thinking of updating the whole procedure so you don't even have to name your files (the offside being the pics would be renamed to some number).. of course, it'll require me to go through the current 800 or so members news entries to fit the new method..

Posted by souri on
Forum

I'm doing some maintenance, and adding some functionaliy (AIM,ICQ, MSN etc details for sumea profile members, indie developer profiles etc), so the admin section will be offline and you won't be able to add any news and pics until it's all done. Could possibly take a couple of days or more.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 12/02/04 - 11:22 AM Permalink

It's back up, haven't heard from the server admin guy so can't upload the changes yet.

Submitted by souri on Thu, 19/02/04 - 10:41 AM Permalink

So yes, the admin section is offline again for a few days. I have the unenviable task of fixing, adding, and testing everything at the moment. I've added some things to Sumea so it'll be even more useful, like the Sumea calendar where we'll have a list of the events and conferences that are coming up, their dates, a count down to when the day it starts etc... and hopefully we'll get some more interest from educational institutions with providing enrolment dates. There are plenty of other things that can go on the calendar, development kit deadlines etc, so it'll definately be useful.
Plus there's the Independant Developer section, and admin support so they can log in and edit their profile, games info, add news etc. In fact, any developer/developer service etc can have an account so they can do that too if they like.
Sumea members can have ICQ,AIM, and MSN contact details. If there's any other functionality, srevices or ideas you'd like on Sumea, let me know and I'll see about putting it in.

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 23/02/04 - 2:29 AM Permalink

I put in my MSN address and it is not showing in my main user profile.
Is something a miss?

Also, just like to say thanks Souri- youre always building and improving this website.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 23/02/04 - 9:08 AM Permalink

I've just had to fix some important things with the new changes today which worked on my personal web server, but for some reason didn't work online. Seems to be fine now. I'll get onto msn stuff asap (it'll display whether you're online or not etc) - I just have to look into how it's done first [:)]).. it's probably pretty simple.

There are people still having trouble with the step-by-step guide on uploading pics for their news (I noticed someone had a 100k image for their thumbnail picture on the main page - it's not possible to upload more than 4000bytes for thumbnails, so they actually had to redit their news and place the 100k image there *shrugs*), and the naming convention has baffled a heck of a lot of people, so I'm thinking of updating the whole procedure so you don't even have to name your files (the offside being the pics would be renamed to some number).. of course, it'll require me to go through the current 800 or so members news entries to fit the new method..