Skip to main content

Website & recent work

Submitted by Schlumppy on

Hi guys
It has been a while since I've posted anything. I've been working on putting together a website to show my stuff.

http://users.tpg.com.au/schlumpy/index.htm

It's still pretty much a work in progress site. Please let me know what you think of it. Here is a picture of my most recent drawing.
[img]http://users.tpg.com.au/schlumpy/Pictures/loopie.jpeg[/img]

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 15/12/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

Hey schlumpy, its a pity noone has commented on your work, so I'll give you my 2 cents.
Youve got some pretty good line work going on there. Her hair is well done and I like the pose you gave the character.
Two areas you will want to work on are colour and proportion.

With the painting above it looks like you have used white for highlights, thats something you dont want to do. Instead try going for a lighter shade of your base colour, for example a yellow-ish white could work well on this.
Another aspect is getting some saturated colour in there, using black for shadows kills the life in your flesh tones. Try a more saturated version of you base colour, like a deep brown or red.
Going in and adding color varition and warm vs cool colours also helps give life to an image.

Secondly is proportions, make sure to get your proportions right. Even if its stlyised go over your character and double check that everying looks ok before you start the colouring. In the image above, one leg looks slightly wider then the other. Also her arms and legs are quite large compared to the rest of the body, though this maybe on purpose (stylised)

Anyway, i hope this is of some help to you :)

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 20/12/04 - 3:32 AM Permalink

its definately a big improvement from the original, not so over the top with the proportions. i also think its a very good choice of pose. although i think she may be leaning over a little too far in relation to her centre of gravity. you seem to be a at a good enough level with your colouring that maybe you could to add in a backround and attempt to use some external light sources for your shadows and highlights, hopefully that should help to breathe even more life into your characters.

Posted by Schlumppy on

Hi guys
It has been a while since I've posted anything. I've been working on putting together a website to show my stuff.

http://users.tpg.com.au/schlumpy/index.htm

It's still pretty much a work in progress site. Please let me know what you think of it. Here is a picture of my most recent drawing.
[img]http://users.tpg.com.au/schlumpy/Pictures/loopie.jpeg[/img]

Submitted by Makk on Wed, 15/12/04 - 7:26 AM Permalink

Hey schlumpy, its a pity noone has commented on your work, so I'll give you my 2 cents.
Youve got some pretty good line work going on there. Her hair is well done and I like the pose you gave the character.
Two areas you will want to work on are colour and proportion.

With the painting above it looks like you have used white for highlights, thats something you dont want to do. Instead try going for a lighter shade of your base colour, for example a yellow-ish white could work well on this.
Another aspect is getting some saturated colour in there, using black for shadows kills the life in your flesh tones. Try a more saturated version of you base colour, like a deep brown or red.
Going in and adding color varition and warm vs cool colours also helps give life to an image.

Secondly is proportions, make sure to get your proportions right. Even if its stlyised go over your character and double check that everying looks ok before you start the colouring. In the image above, one leg looks slightly wider then the other. Also her arms and legs are quite large compared to the rest of the body, though this maybe on purpose (stylised)

Anyway, i hope this is of some help to you :)

Submitted by conundrum on Mon, 20/12/04 - 3:32 AM Permalink

its definately a big improvement from the original, not so over the top with the proportions. i also think its a very good choice of pose. although i think she may be leaning over a little too far in relation to her centre of gravity. you seem to be a at a good enough level with your colouring that maybe you could to add in a backround and attempt to use some external light sources for your shadows and highlights, hopefully that should help to breathe even more life into your characters.