Skip to main content

Uh oh

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Crap...

My hosting plan expires today. My new hosting plan in the US hasn't received my payment yet either. I've been emailing my current host to see if I can extend my plan by another month, but all I get is an email responder. So it may be likely that the site disappears for a few days - if it does, don't panic, I'll be trying to get it back up asap.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 15/07/04 - 12:01 AM Permalink

lol woops
oh well, im sure we'll live :P

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 15/07/04 - 12:10 AM Permalink

You're kidding right MoonUnit? :-P

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 15/07/04 - 2:27 AM Permalink

I'll shut myself down, to just breathing until such time as sumea is back up :)

Submitted by Me109 on Thu, 15/07/04 - 3:30 AM Permalink

ohhhh nooooooooooooo!!! the walls are crumbling around me!!

Submitted by souri on Fri, 16/07/04 - 10:46 AM Permalink

Yeh, the site seems to be running at the moment on borrowed time. My web host hasn't even responded to any of my emails yet (from accounts, or tech support), and I emailed them late last week. Most hosting places offer 24 hours support and real quick responses [:P]. I really wanted to get the database and domain transfered over to the new server asap, but I'm still waiting for a reply [:(]

I've been migrating the site over to the U.S server (yes, they received my payment, but they didn't let me know [:P]) for the last few days and everything is working and going fine.

I spent last night and today making use of the image components on the new server, and I've gotten it all working too! No more crappy uploading procedure, and renaming your files a specific way, 800x600 image size restrictions, specific thumbnail size and dimensions etc! Just upload whatever sized images you have, write your news, and it's done! Sumea will make your thumbnails for you and figure out everything else.. [B)]

*** btw, I need some volunteers to test this out, so if you're willing to log into your sumea profile account on the new server, upload files and report any problems, private message me please..

I will also be looking into implementing a file attachment/image uploading mod for the forum so that anyone who wants to show off a picture in exhibition area, or modeller challenge section, can upload their work through the forum and have it displayed in a post automatically..

Submitted by souri on Sat, 17/07/04 - 10:25 AM Permalink

test - ok, forum's date is fixed. :D

Submitted by souri on Sat, 17/07/04 - 1:36 PM Permalink

Forum email is working again, so you can send each other email here now... it's a bit slow though, and it stamps the wrong time on the message sent (it's using the mail server's American time zone).. will see on getting that fixed..

Submitted by souri on Sun, 18/07/04 - 3:53 PM Permalink

Anyone wanna give a comment on website speed compared to the previous hosting location? Noticable slower or is it the same to you?

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 18/07/04 - 7:36 PM Permalink

It seems a fair bit faster to me, and i had cable as well, evrything loads almost instantly. It looks great as well with these nex XP icons. JOB WELL DONE SOURI

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 18/07/04 - 9:57 PM Permalink

with my cable i never notice any speed changes :P but the forums sure looks spiffy, your doing good with all the upgrades :D

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 18/07/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

512k DSL. No difference as far as I can tell. Haven't had any troubles either :)

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/07/04 - 1:32 AM Permalink

I'm on 512k ADSL as well, but there's a noticable slow down in speed for me. Previously, page loading was near instant, but now I can see each graphic loading one after the other. Sure, it's only about 3 seconds more, but still.

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 19/07/04 - 1:57 AM Permalink

im on 256k and i have no problems at all.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 19/07/04 - 2:06 AM Permalink

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/07/04 - 2:53 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Makk

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.
Testing new quote box... oooh, nice. [:)]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/07/04 - 2:54 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.
[:o)]

Submitted by redwyre on Mon, 19/07/04 - 9:16 PM Permalink

quote:quote:quote:Originally posted by Souri

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.

I don't like the new icons! They're too big!

Submitted by souri on Wed, 21/07/04 - 1:51 AM Permalink

I'm not sure how long Sumea was offline this afternoon, but I had to reset the server... Something is taking up too much memory or processor speed.

Submitted by X5 on Wed, 21/07/04 - 4:00 AM Permalink

must be keeping track of all those quotes ;P

Submitted by souri on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:53 PM Permalink

Had to reset the server again this morning [:(]. Site must've been offline for 4 hours or so.. I've got the server on automatic reset, but that only happens after 2 hours of inactivity, unfortunately there's at least someone on this site all the time. Seems I might have to reset the server every 2 days, or find out what the problem is. >:(

Posted by souri on
Forum

Crap...

My hosting plan expires today. My new hosting plan in the US hasn't received my payment yet either. I've been emailing my current host to see if I can extend my plan by another month, but all I get is an email responder. So it may be likely that the site disappears for a few days - if it does, don't panic, I'll be trying to get it back up asap.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 15/07/04 - 12:01 AM Permalink

lol woops
oh well, im sure we'll live :P

Submitted by Daemin on Thu, 15/07/04 - 12:10 AM Permalink

You're kidding right MoonUnit? :-P

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 15/07/04 - 2:27 AM Permalink

I'll shut myself down, to just breathing until such time as sumea is back up :)

Submitted by Me109 on Thu, 15/07/04 - 3:30 AM Permalink

ohhhh nooooooooooooo!!! the walls are crumbling around me!!

Submitted by souri on Fri, 16/07/04 - 10:46 AM Permalink

Yeh, the site seems to be running at the moment on borrowed time. My web host hasn't even responded to any of my emails yet (from accounts, or tech support), and I emailed them late last week. Most hosting places offer 24 hours support and real quick responses [:P]. I really wanted to get the database and domain transfered over to the new server asap, but I'm still waiting for a reply [:(]

I've been migrating the site over to the U.S server (yes, they received my payment, but they didn't let me know [:P]) for the last few days and everything is working and going fine.

I spent last night and today making use of the image components on the new server, and I've gotten it all working too! No more crappy uploading procedure, and renaming your files a specific way, 800x600 image size restrictions, specific thumbnail size and dimensions etc! Just upload whatever sized images you have, write your news, and it's done! Sumea will make your thumbnails for you and figure out everything else.. [B)]

*** btw, I need some volunteers to test this out, so if you're willing to log into your sumea profile account on the new server, upload files and report any problems, private message me please..

I will also be looking into implementing a file attachment/image uploading mod for the forum so that anyone who wants to show off a picture in exhibition area, or modeller challenge section, can upload their work through the forum and have it displayed in a post automatically..

Submitted by souri on Sat, 17/07/04 - 10:25 AM Permalink

test - ok, forum's date is fixed. :D

Submitted by souri on Sat, 17/07/04 - 1:36 PM Permalink

Forum email is working again, so you can send each other email here now... it's a bit slow though, and it stamps the wrong time on the message sent (it's using the mail server's American time zone).. will see on getting that fixed..

Submitted by souri on Sun, 18/07/04 - 3:53 PM Permalink

Anyone wanna give a comment on website speed compared to the previous hosting location? Noticable slower or is it the same to you?

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 18/07/04 - 7:36 PM Permalink

It seems a fair bit faster to me, and i had cable as well, evrything loads almost instantly. It looks great as well with these nex XP icons. JOB WELL DONE SOURI

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sun, 18/07/04 - 9:57 PM Permalink

with my cable i never notice any speed changes :P but the forums sure looks spiffy, your doing good with all the upgrades :D

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 18/07/04 - 11:07 PM Permalink

512k DSL. No difference as far as I can tell. Haven't had any troubles either :)

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/07/04 - 1:32 AM Permalink

I'm on 512k ADSL as well, but there's a noticable slow down in speed for me. Previously, page loading was near instant, but now I can see each graphic loading one after the other. Sure, it's only about 3 seconds more, but still.

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 19/07/04 - 1:57 AM Permalink

im on 256k and i have no problems at all.

Submitted by Makk on Mon, 19/07/04 - 2:06 AM Permalink

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/07/04 - 2:53 PM Permalink

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 19/07/04 - 2:54 PM Permalink

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.

Submitted by redwyre on Mon, 19/07/04 - 9:16 PM Permalink

quote:quote:quote:Originally posted by Souri

56k dialup!! woooooo!

Didnt notice anything.

I don't like the new icons! They're too big!

Submitted by souri on Wed, 21/07/04 - 1:51 AM Permalink

I'm not sure how long Sumea was offline this afternoon, but I had to reset the server... Something is taking up too much memory or processor speed.

Submitted by X5 on Wed, 21/07/04 - 4:00 AM Permalink

must be keeping track of all those quotes ;P

Submitted by souri on Thu, 22/07/04 - 7:53 PM Permalink

Had to reset the server again this morning [:(]. Site must've been offline for 4 hours or so.. I've got the server on automatic reset, but that only happens after 2 hours of inactivity, unfortunately there's at least someone on this site all the time. Seems I might have to reset the server every 2 days, or find out what the problem is. >:(