Skip to main content

Add news with pictures problem

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Forum

I was on my profile page and was adding some news with pictures to my port. I uploaded the image and I enetered my data and submitted it, but the picture I uploaded didn't appear! :o I tryied it again about three time, I noticed on the part where i was adding the text there was no link in the picture 1 box.

I realised then it must be my firefox browser so I had to switch back to IE to upload it and enter the news with my picture. It worked thank goodness! but it didn't seen to want to work in firefox.

I just thought you should know ;)

Submitted by souri on Sat, 19/03/05 - 2:57 PM Permalink

Yeh, Firefox has issues with uploading pictures with the upload component that Sumea uses. You need IE to upload, unfortunately. I've written a small paragraph about it in the admin page.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 07/09/05 - 2:02 PM Permalink

ALERT THE INTERNETS!!!

You should be able to upload pics using Firefox and any other browser now when adding news with pics to your journal entries. Other uploads (avatars/forum avatar/developer logo/games pics uploads) will be fixed tomorrow after I get some sleep. [|)]

There's still a problem when you're uploading a lot of pictures in one go. Basically, the script seems to timeout at times for some reason. I've changed server timeouts to 40 minutes (so theoretically you could spend 40 minutes uploading and it would be ok, but it still does it. [:X] Best solution for that one is to upload 4 pics at the most at a time on broadband, and probably 1 on dialup. [xx(] (You can of course re-edit what you've posted to put in more pics)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 09/09/05 - 1:50 AM Permalink

awesome, its allways fun to be firefox friendly :P

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 09/09/05 - 8:37 AM Permalink

yeah, i tried tupload 6 last time and kept timing me out!!!

Submitted by souri on Wed, 21/09/05 - 11:39 PM Permalink

I've just made some fixes so hopefully this problem is no more. I tested it out by uploading 8 large images and it worked fine. If anyone runs into problems, please let me know.

Posted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Forum

I was on my profile page and was adding some news with pictures to my port. I uploaded the image and I enetered my data and submitted it, but the picture I uploaded didn't appear! :o I tryied it again about three time, I noticed on the part where i was adding the text there was no link in the picture 1 box.

I realised then it must be my firefox browser so I had to switch back to IE to upload it and enter the news with my picture. It worked thank goodness! but it didn't seen to want to work in firefox.

I just thought you should know ;)

Submitted by souri on Sat, 19/03/05 - 2:57 PM Permalink

Yeh, Firefox has issues with uploading pictures with the upload component that Sumea uses. You need IE to upload, unfortunately. I've written a small paragraph about it in the admin page.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 07/09/05 - 2:02 PM Permalink

ALERT THE INTERNETS!!!

You should be able to upload pics using Firefox and any other browser now when adding news with pics to your journal entries. Other uploads (avatars/forum avatar/developer logo/games pics uploads) will be fixed tomorrow after I get some sleep. [|)]

There's still a problem when you're uploading a lot of pictures in one go. Basically, the script seems to timeout at times for some reason. I've changed server timeouts to 40 minutes (so theoretically you could spend 40 minutes uploading and it would be ok, but it still does it. [:X] Best solution for that one is to upload 4 pics at the most at a time on broadband, and probably 1 on dialup. [xx(] (You can of course re-edit what you've posted to put in more pics)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Fri, 09/09/05 - 1:50 AM Permalink

awesome, its allways fun to be firefox friendly :P

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 09/09/05 - 8:37 AM Permalink

yeah, i tried tupload 6 last time and kept timing me out!!!

Submitted by souri on Wed, 21/09/05 - 11:39 PM Permalink

I've just made some fixes so hopefully this problem is no more. I tested it out by uploading 8 large images and it worked fine. If anyone runs into problems, please let me know.