Skip to main content

Problem with image posting procedures.

Submitted by Pantmonger on
Forum

Hi, I?m relatively new here, so if this comment appears naive and stupid then feel free just to ignore it.
I have a little problem with being bumped several positions on the display window only a few day after posting my work, not because of the sudden in flux of people wanting to show off their stuff, but because one person decides to write a new article for each piece they post (in this case 3) and bump everyone down 3 places.
It was my understanding, from the way thing where presented in the write your news/post your art section, that only the best of your latest post (that which is placed in pic slot 1) would go into that little front window for the world to see. That the rest would then be accessed by interested parties.

The above work around of this system seems rude, and is very annoying. If I wanted to I could bring with me 8 images every time I post, and post each one separately thus clearing the displayed images of virtually everyone else?s art but my own.

Sorry if this post annoys anyone, but I think this issue must be addressed.

Pantmonger

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/11/02 - 7:39 AM Permalink

Grouping related work into one post is the correct way of doing things, so if you had a series of pictures with the same map, or model from various angles, they'd all go in one news post - with the best picture in the image1 slot for the main page/section pages..
This system however falls apart when 2d art is concerned because each 2d art is usually a unique piece, and yes I've noticed that your work has been bumped a few positions down (although it's still there on the main page).
A lot of people view the thumbnails off the main page first, and I agree that a bit of consideration must be given to others who are doing the procedure right and that everyone gets an equal amount of exposure..
I don't want to go and edit posts myself, but I will let members know of the problem and to just be more considerate..

Forum

Hi, I?m relatively new here, so if this comment appears naive and stupid then feel free just to ignore it.
I have a little problem with being bumped several positions on the display window only a few day after posting my work, not because of the sudden in flux of people wanting to show off their stuff, but because one person decides to write a new article for each piece they post (in this case 3) and bump everyone down 3 places.
It was my understanding, from the way thing where presented in the write your news/post your art section, that only the best of your latest post (that which is placed in pic slot 1) would go into that little front window for the world to see. That the rest would then be accessed by interested parties.

The above work around of this system seems rude, and is very annoying. If I wanted to I could bring with me 8 images every time I post, and post each one separately thus clearing the displayed images of virtually everyone else?s art but my own.

Sorry if this post annoys anyone, but I think this issue must be addressed.

Pantmonger

Submitted by souri on Thu, 21/11/02 - 7:39 AM Permalink

Grouping related work into one post is the correct way of doing things, so if you had a series of pictures with the same map, or model from various angles, they'd all go in one news post - with the best picture in the image1 slot for the main page/section pages..
This system however falls apart when 2d art is concerned because each 2d art is usually a unique piece, and yes I've noticed that your work has been bumped a few positions down (although it's still there on the main page).
A lot of people view the thumbnails off the main page first, and I agree that a bit of consideration must be given to others who are doing the procedure right and that everyone gets an equal amount of exposure..
I don't want to go and edit posts myself, but I will let members know of the problem and to just be more considerate..