Skip to main content

You have sections for everyone but...

Forum

Well hey this section hasn't been used in a while.
Anyway i had a though last night. Perhaps you should add a section for designers/writers so they can upload game treatments, design docs or stories they have written.
I think everyone will agree that the design of the game is the most important aspect so i think the those guys should be able to contribute rather than the artist being the only ones who get to submit stuff. (i know that games design can be seen as an artform)
you never know maybe a designer could get "noticed" because of it.[:D]
Anyway just a thought.

It is infact ants who are the true rulers of this world!!!

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 22/02/03 - 10:55 PM Permalink

Well it might be good to have a Misc section on Sumea, but I doubt that you'll be hired based on an existing game design. That simply doesn't happen, although if someone wants to they could put their document up here for people to comment on / make fun of.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 24/02/03 - 2:44 AM Permalink

If anyone wants to have their deisgn docs, game treatments, or stories up on the site, then that would go to the articles section.. that also applies to code snippets etc that maitrek mentioned a while ago..

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Sat, 01/03/03 - 1:47 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Malus

Also look out that no one just nicks your game ideas meatex lol
Us humans are a sneaky bunch.

Yeah damn those pesky humans

Who needs real life, UT2003 has amuch better poly count!

Forum

Well hey this section hasn't been used in a while.
Anyway i had a though last night. Perhaps you should add a section for designers/writers so they can upload game treatments, design docs or stories they have written.
I think everyone will agree that the design of the game is the most important aspect so i think the those guys should be able to contribute rather than the artist being the only ones who get to submit stuff. (i know that games design can be seen as an artform)
you never know maybe a designer could get "noticed" because of it.[:D]
Anyway just a thought.

It is infact ants who are the true rulers of this world!!!

Submitted by Daemin on Sat, 22/02/03 - 10:55 PM Permalink

Well it might be good to have a Misc section on Sumea, but I doubt that you'll be hired based on an existing game design. That simply doesn't happen, although if someone wants to they could put their document up here for people to comment on / make fun of.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 24/02/03 - 2:44 AM Permalink

If anyone wants to have their deisgn docs, game treatments, or stories up on the site, then that would go to the articles section.. that also applies to code snippets etc that maitrek mentioned a while ago..

Submitted by Meatex Salami on Sat, 01/03/03 - 1:47 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Malus

Also look out that no one just nicks your game ideas meatex lol
Us humans are a sneaky bunch.

Yeah damn those pesky humans

Who needs real life, UT2003 has amuch better poly count!