Skip to main content

Developer Chats ?

Submitted by Kalescent on
Forum

Would anyone be interested in some kind of question answer session in the sumea chat rooms ?

Perhaps it could be setup for an hour or 2 on a day of preference.

Not to sure how many others would be interested in lending their expertise but I'm be keen to be pumped for what info I can share.

Edit: The idea is for non industry people, to pump a few industry people - like a mini QA session.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 26/02/05 - 7:55 AM Permalink

Sounds like a good idea. Though I?m too sure how useful a live chat session would be, as opposed to something that is not in real time. It?s just good to have the QA always available for anyone to read at any time.

Something that I?d love to see, is a mini questionnaire compiled from all the non-industry folk, which is open for any developers to answer. So you?d have a thread where everyone lists questions they would like to ask developers, and then a compiled list is placed on a special page with responses from developers being added as they are submitted.

Kind of like the portfolio questionnaire: [url]http://www.sumea.com.au/sarticle.asp?art_ID=16[/url]

Or something similar; have a ?developer question of the week? kind of thing. Each week is a new question on the front page open for any developers to answer, which all get added to the special page.

I'm sure this kind of thing would be found very useful to many people. At the very least it could be entertaining. [:)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 26/02/05 - 9:44 AM Permalink

all those ideas sound good to me. if it were to be a live chat it should be recorded so anyone can read over it again in the future.

a question of the week sounds cool, hmm, that's an idea - gamasutra does a simular thing. might be a cool thing for souri to do as well - a general games related question open to anyone (not just developers). ok, off topic but the topic lead me to it...

anyway: yes, i like the idea [:)]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/03/05 - 1:20 PM Permalink

Whoops! Missed this thread.. sounds cool!

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 21/03/05 - 3:04 PM Permalink

I'd definately be keen for a live chat session if some people are up for it. The recording of it is also a great idea Livewire, i also think it could be used as a base to be cleaned up and presented as the Q&A type thing you mentioned Palantir.

So whens good for people ?

Posted by Kalescent on
Forum

Would anyone be interested in some kind of question answer session in the sumea chat rooms ?

Perhaps it could be setup for an hour or 2 on a day of preference.

Not to sure how many others would be interested in lending their expertise but I'm be keen to be pumped for what info I can share.

Edit: The idea is for non industry people, to pump a few industry people - like a mini QA session.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 26/02/05 - 7:55 AM Permalink

Sounds like a good idea. Though I?m too sure how useful a live chat session would be, as opposed to something that is not in real time. It?s just good to have the QA always available for anyone to read at any time.

Something that I?d love to see, is a mini questionnaire compiled from all the non-industry folk, which is open for any developers to answer. So you?d have a thread where everyone lists questions they would like to ask developers, and then a compiled list is placed on a special page with responses from developers being added as they are submitted.

Kind of like the portfolio questionnaire: [url]http://www.sumea.com.au/sarticle.asp?art_ID=16[/url]

Or something similar; have a ?developer question of the week? kind of thing. Each week is a new question on the front page open for any developers to answer, which all get added to the special page.

I'm sure this kind of thing would be found very useful to many people. At the very least it could be entertaining. [:)]

Submitted by LiveWire on Sat, 26/02/05 - 9:44 AM Permalink

all those ideas sound good to me. if it were to be a live chat it should be recorded so anyone can read over it again in the future.

a question of the week sounds cool, hmm, that's an idea - gamasutra does a simular thing. might be a cool thing for souri to do as well - a general games related question open to anyone (not just developers). ok, off topic but the topic lead me to it...

anyway: yes, i like the idea [:)]

Submitted by souri on Sun, 06/03/05 - 1:20 PM Permalink

Whoops! Missed this thread.. sounds cool!

Submitted by Kalescent on Mon, 21/03/05 - 3:04 PM Permalink

I'd definately be keen for a live chat session if some people are up for it. The recording of it is also a great idea Livewire, i also think it could be used as a base to be cleaned up and presented as the Q&A type thing you mentioned Palantir.

So whens good for people ?