Skip to main content

Website hard to surf on PSP

Submitted by westy on
Forum

Has anyone else noticed that the sumea website is really hard to surf if you are browsing on a PSP. Perhaps I am the only one using the browser on the PSP. ;-)

Damn - I really need a laptop.

Submitted by tachyon on Wed, 26/07/06 - 12:16 AM Permalink

lol, what website isn't hard to surf on a PSP

Submitted by souri on Wed, 26/07/06 - 2:58 AM Permalink

Yeh, the site will be hard to browse on anything lower than 1024x768, but 1280x1024 or greater would be more comfortable.

A fair while ago, I changed the site from old style html (tables for layout) to completely css so that I could offer different skins for the site (like a clean version with hardly any gfx, or a version so that PSP's or palmhelds can view the site).

And I did offer that for a little while, but the problem is that the site is still growing, and everytime I made changes and updates, I had to edit each skin every time. It was slowing the development process down a lot, so I've only concentrated on the main skin. Maybe when everything's done, I'll do go back and do skins for small screens.

Submitted by Daemin on Mon, 31/07/06 - 4:16 AM Permalink

I found it unusual to use on my 1024x1280 screen at work, but since the latest change it hasn't been that bad.

Needless to say making any sort of graphical interface work on small screens is hard work. I tried google mail on my mobile phone, it worked, but I had to scroll down way too much to read anything.

It works, but it ain't pretty.

Submitted by Scrow on Mon, 31/07/06 - 7:47 AM Permalink

while we're on this topic, has anyone tried that DS browser?

Posted by westy on
Forum

Has anyone else noticed that the sumea website is really hard to surf if you are browsing on a PSP. Perhaps I am the only one using the browser on the PSP. ;-)

Damn - I really need a laptop.

Submitted by tachyon on Wed, 26/07/06 - 12:16 AM Permalink

lol, what website isn't hard to surf on a PSP

Submitted by souri on Wed, 26/07/06 - 2:58 AM Permalink

Yeh, the site will be hard to browse on anything lower than 1024x768, but 1280x1024 or greater would be more comfortable.

A fair while ago, I changed the site from old style html (tables for layout) to completely css so that I could offer different skins for the site (like a clean version with hardly any gfx, or a version so that PSP's or palmhelds can view the site).

And I did offer that for a little while, but the problem is that the site is still growing, and everytime I made changes and updates, I had to edit each skin every time. It was slowing the development process down a lot, so I've only concentrated on the main skin. Maybe when everything's done, I'll do go back and do skins for small screens.

Submitted by Daemin on Mon, 31/07/06 - 4:16 AM Permalink

I found it unusual to use on my 1024x1280 screen at work, but since the latest change it hasn't been that bad.

Needless to say making any sort of graphical interface work on small screens is hard work. I tried google mail on my mobile phone, it worked, but I had to scroll down way too much to read anything.

It works, but it ain't pretty.

Submitted by Scrow on Mon, 31/07/06 - 7:47 AM Permalink

while we're on this topic, has anyone tried that DS browser?