Skip to main content

Sorceror Bob Vs Doord in a Digital Draw Off

Submitted by Doord on
Forum

Well Matt (Sorceror Bob) and I (Doord) were chatting about art on MSN as we usually do around 4 O'clock. And we came around to rating ourselves out of ten for a modelling and 2D skills. I gave my self a 8/10 for modelling and a 4.5/10 for 2D. Were Matt said he would rate himself a little lower and model and a bit higher in 2D then myself.

Well me being an ego crazy freak (as a lot of you know) I said I would draw a image for Matt and see what he reckoned. Then I ask if he would like to be in on it and the little comp was formed.

The two of us are going to draw one character each and wish for you guy to vote on the one you like the best, few free to add and comments on the works also.

There are very few rules.

- One character.
- No background. Character need to take up 80% of the image, clothing or object(s) the character is interacting with are counted as the character. (Does that help you out Matt?)
- No character story or explanation just the drawing. A title can be added.
- Characters will be posted together on the 1st of April 9:00am EST.
- When Character are posted there are to be no names on the image, so judges do not which image is is owned by who.
- WIP are to be posted after voting. 5th of April 9:00am EST.

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 27/03/04 - 12:01 AM Permalink

*throws a pancake at USF*

;)

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 27/03/04 - 12:26 AM Permalink

you aren't allowed to do that Makk!!

*throws pancake at USF*

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 27/03/04 - 1:25 AM Permalink

man...Work Of Art more like it![:D]

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

4.5 out of 10 you say.....

Submitted by Doord on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:04 AM Permalink

That version if far better :) now that looks like my 4.5/10 skills. And Matt don't you ever mod any of my masterpieces again.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:05 AM Permalink

that looks like the dairy owner down the road...

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

doord's name backwards is drood and it kinda sounds like druid.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

this is the fastest growing thread of all time.....

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:21 AM Permalink

not on this forum. a long time back bouncy_roo and souri went crazy in a thread of mine (oh well. it start of with souri asking a question about my work). and in one night i think bouncy_roo made about 50-70 posts in the one thread. souri wasnt far behind. then others joined in. needless to say, it went way off topic.

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:29 AM Permalink

So whats everyones favorite Icecream flavor? [;)]
By the way thanks for the pancakes

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

LOL @ inglis - that must have been funny to post a thread - onlt to return a few hours later to see if anyone had replied, low and behold the thread is 9 pages long....

Btw my favourite icecream is Wicked Caramel Crunch, by peters. Unbelievable quality and texture - for the hardcore caramel lovers only...and a decent price only $5.95 for a 1 litre tub at coles.

Submitted by Doord on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:18 AM Permalink

$5.95 Per/L, you can get black and gold for about $1 Per/L. Yes it tastes like cold mikly sugar.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:22 AM Permalink

Vanilla :p
nah just jokes
Drumstick Royale

Submitted by matias on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:27 AM Permalink

mmm peppermint with the little choc bits aaaahahahh,:p'''

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sat, 27/03/04 - 5:17 AM Permalink

I'd have to say Rum and Raisin was always a favorite of mine.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:59 AM Permalink

Vanilla is the finest of the flavours

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 27/03/04 - 9:04 AM Permalink

*waves little bob flag* go sorcerer bob

bob bob hes our man, if he cant do it, it dosent matter because ive allready been payed, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*opens up sorc. bob fanboy kit*

wooooooo *throws confetti*

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 10:22 AM Permalink

omigosh ....... moony!!!! bob payed you and you still opted for the crazy clarks non flavoured confetti... come on now!! surely you can spend a wee bit more of that ill earned cash!!

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 12:42 PM Permalink

LOLOLOL!!!! woooooooooooo big spender - thats all i get for opting to be a bob fanboy ??? how much will doord pay ??

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 1:19 PM Permalink

you have to pay fanboys now days???????

Submitted by alia on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:34 PM Permalink

Its either that or rely on open-fanboy/part time fanboy, amatures the lot of them... waving flags for FREE?? unbelievable.. theres a conspiracy in there someware to rip off the REAL THING (tm).

Submitted by Jacana on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:48 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by inglis

not on this forum. a long time back bouncy_roo and souri went crazy in a thread of mine (oh well. it start of with souri asking a question about my work). and in one night i think bouncy_roo made about 50-70 posts in the one thread. souri wasnt far behind. then others joined in. needless to say, it went way off topic.

LOL :) I remember that! That was scary......

Submitted by Happy Camper on Sun, 28/03/04 - 5:59 AM Permalink

Waving Flags for Free? I better call my Fan Boy union...

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sun, 28/03/04 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Inglis - Yeah it's a union thing.. sucks dont it.

Submitted by inglis on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:17 AM Permalink

so...................any chance of seeing any drawings soon???

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:42 AM Permalink

I think that would kill part of the comp, idea is to throw the finished piece out - let it go boom.. rather than a few smaller booms that follow wips

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:23 PM Permalink

I have to go for my little gimp, Matt :) I'm sure that you have something special shoved down that little leather g-string of yours...

Posted by Doord on
Forum

Well Matt (Sorceror Bob) and I (Doord) were chatting about art on MSN as we usually do around 4 O'clock. And we came around to rating ourselves out of ten for a modelling and 2D skills. I gave my self a 8/10 for modelling and a 4.5/10 for 2D. Were Matt said he would rate himself a little lower and model and a bit higher in 2D then myself.

Well me being an ego crazy freak (as a lot of you know) I said I would draw a image for Matt and see what he reckoned. Then I ask if he would like to be in on it and the little comp was formed.

The two of us are going to draw one character each and wish for you guy to vote on the one you like the best, few free to add and comments on the works also.

There are very few rules.

- One character.
- No background. Character need to take up 80% of the image, clothing or object(s) the character is interacting with are counted as the character. (Does that help you out Matt?)
- No character story or explanation just the drawing. A title can be added.
- Characters will be posted together on the 1st of April 9:00am EST.
- When Character are posted there are to be no names on the image, so judges do not which image is is owned by who.
- WIP are to be posted after voting. 5th of April 9:00am EST.

Submitted by Makk on Sat, 27/03/04 - 12:01 AM Permalink

*throws a pancake at USF*

;)

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sat, 27/03/04 - 12:26 AM Permalink

you aren't allowed to do that Makk!!

*throws pancake at USF*

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 27/03/04 - 1:25 AM Permalink

man...Work Of Art more like it![:D]

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 1:40 AM Permalink

4.5 out of 10 you say.....

Submitted by Doord on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:04 AM Permalink

That version if far better :) now that looks like my 4.5/10 skills. And Matt don't you ever mod any of my masterpieces again.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:05 AM Permalink

that looks like the dairy owner down the road...

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 2:31 AM Permalink

doord's name backwards is drood and it kinda sounds like druid.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:16 AM Permalink

this is the fastest growing thread of all time.....

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:21 AM Permalink

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sat, 27/03/04 - 3:29 AM Permalink

So whats everyones favorite Icecream flavor? [;)]
By the way thanks for the pancakes

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:13 AM Permalink

LOL @ inglis - that must have been funny to post a thread - onlt to return a few hours later to see if anyone had replied, low and behold the thread is 9 pages long....

Btw my favourite icecream is Wicked Caramel Crunch, by peters. Unbelievable quality and texture - for the hardcore caramel lovers only...and a decent price only $5.95 for a 1 litre tub at coles.

Submitted by Doord on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:18 AM Permalink

$5.95 Per/L, you can get black and gold for about $1 Per/L. Yes it tastes like cold mikly sugar.

Submitted by bullet21 on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:22 AM Permalink

Vanilla :p
nah just jokes
Drumstick Royale

Submitted by matias on Sat, 27/03/04 - 4:27 AM Permalink

mmm peppermint with the little choc bits aaaahahahh,:p'''

Submitted by UniqueSnowFlake on Sat, 27/03/04 - 5:17 AM Permalink

I'd have to say Rum and Raisin was always a favorite of mine.

Submitted by palantir on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:59 AM Permalink

Vanilla is the finest of the flavours

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 27/03/04 - 9:04 AM Permalink

*waves little bob flag* go sorcerer bob

bob bob hes our man, if he cant do it, it dosent matter because ive allready been payed, weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*opens up sorc. bob fanboy kit*

wooooooo *throws confetti*

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 10:22 AM Permalink

omigosh ....... moony!!!! bob payed you and you still opted for the crazy clarks non flavoured confetti... come on now!! surely you can spend a wee bit more of that ill earned cash!!

Submitted by Kalescent on Sat, 27/03/04 - 12:42 PM Permalink

LOLOLOL!!!! woooooooooooo big spender - thats all i get for opting to be a bob fanboy ??? how much will doord pay ??

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 27/03/04 - 1:19 PM Permalink

you have to pay fanboys now days???????

Submitted by alia on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:34 PM Permalink

Its either that or rely on open-fanboy/part time fanboy, amatures the lot of them... waving flags for FREE?? unbelievable.. theres a conspiracy in there someware to rip off the REAL THING (tm).

Submitted by Jacana on Sat, 27/03/04 - 8:48 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by inglis

LOL :) I remember that! That was scary......

Submitted by Happy Camper on Sun, 28/03/04 - 5:59 AM Permalink

Waving Flags for Free? I better call my Fan Boy union...

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sun, 28/03/04 - 8:48 AM Permalink

Inglis - Yeah it's a union thing.. sucks dont it.

Submitted by inglis on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:17 AM Permalink

so...................any chance of seeing any drawings soon???

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:42 AM Permalink

I think that would kill part of the comp, idea is to throw the finished piece out - let it go boom.. rather than a few smaller booms that follow wips

Submitted by Aven on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:23 PM Permalink

I have to go for my little gimp, Matt :) I'm sure that you have something special shoved down that little leather g-string of yours...