Skip to main content

Knight_high poly (+wireframe)

Submitted by picpoc on

[img]http://www.picpocgallery.com/knight2d.jpg[/img]
Hi.
This is a high poly model I?ve been working on for awhile now. The character was made in 3ds max and the background was painted in photoshop. The background meant to look like a painting not a photo (got shits for that in some other forum) sort of like my oil paintings that you can check out on my website
[url]www.picpocgallery.com[/url]

Let me know what u think
cheers

Submitted by urgrund on Fri, 28/04/06 - 1:43 AM Permalink

looks great, i really like the background too. can we get a wire of the highpoly?

Submitted by jebus on Fri, 28/04/06 - 4:31 AM Permalink

Looks fantastic.

I absolutely love the background, and the character looks great. If i had to give crit, I would say that the character looks a little out of proportion, but that could just be to do with the armour size being big in some places and not so big in others..
The feet look a little lacking in length, and maybe a little too thick, as if he is in clogs. but thats just me, it could be perfect.

Again it looks fantastic.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 28/04/06 - 7:46 AM Permalink

wow, looking really good picpoc :)
I really like the painting as well. Yeah, can we see some shots of just the model?
Something to consider is upping the spec and some of the gold detial, like the eagle for example. Not that it really needs it but its just a suggestion.
Great stuff.

Submitted by picpoc on Fri, 28/04/06 - 7:10 PM Permalink

Thanks

There?s a couple of other images of the knight on my website, there?s a big pic of him, close up of the helmet and his head. Gonna post wire later on.

Cheers

www.picpocgallery.com

Submitted by souri on Fri, 28/04/06 - 7:25 PM Permalink

*Awsome picture*.

If there's one thing I could crit, it's that I think the character's pose could be improved to better complete the picture. Perhaps give him a more dynamic stance, or even a sense of movement.

Bumskee seems to be a master of character poses, you should check out his thread at http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3620

Submitted by LOOM on Sun, 30/04/06 - 1:08 AM Permalink

tbh, i actually like the wireframe render more.

very good :)

Submitted by Lechy on Tue, 02/05/06 - 11:28 PM Permalink

I really like this artur. I've checked out you website and I like the way you set it out.

some things to note:

the pose could be a little more dynamic(souri already mentioned this)
I'd like to see some highlight variation on the gold bits so they look like they are a different material from the grey.
perhaps a little more care could be taken with the background, just make it look a little cleaner, eg. sharpen some of the edges. only because the character looks really well rendered and finished while the background looks a lot less so.(dosen't mean going for a photorealistic finish mind you)
I dig the armour on the knight, and most of all, that is the coolest shield i have ever seen.

cheers bro.

Posted by picpoc on

[img]http://www.picpocgallery.com/knight2d.jpg[/img]
Hi.
This is a high poly model I?ve been working on for awhile now. The character was made in 3ds max and the background was painted in photoshop. The background meant to look like a painting not a photo (got shits for that in some other forum) sort of like my oil paintings that you can check out on my website
[url]www.picpocgallery.com[/url]

Let me know what u think
cheers

Submitted by urgrund on Fri, 28/04/06 - 1:43 AM Permalink

looks great, i really like the background too. can we get a wire of the highpoly?

Submitted by jebus on Fri, 28/04/06 - 4:31 AM Permalink

Looks fantastic.

I absolutely love the background, and the character looks great. If i had to give crit, I would say that the character looks a little out of proportion, but that could just be to do with the armour size being big in some places and not so big in others..
The feet look a little lacking in length, and maybe a little too thick, as if he is in clogs. but thats just me, it could be perfect.

Again it looks fantastic.

Submitted by Makk on Fri, 28/04/06 - 7:46 AM Permalink

wow, looking really good picpoc :)
I really like the painting as well. Yeah, can we see some shots of just the model?
Something to consider is upping the spec and some of the gold detial, like the eagle for example. Not that it really needs it but its just a suggestion.
Great stuff.

Submitted by picpoc on Fri, 28/04/06 - 7:10 PM Permalink

Thanks

There?s a couple of other images of the knight on my website, there?s a big pic of him, close up of the helmet and his head. Gonna post wire later on.

Cheers

www.picpocgallery.com

Submitted by souri on Fri, 28/04/06 - 7:25 PM Permalink

*Awsome picture*.

If there's one thing I could crit, it's that I think the character's pose could be improved to better complete the picture. Perhaps give him a more dynamic stance, or even a sense of movement.

Bumskee seems to be a master of character poses, you should check out his thread at http://www.sumea.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3620

Submitted by LOOM on Sun, 30/04/06 - 1:08 AM Permalink

tbh, i actually like the wireframe render more.

very good :)

Submitted by Lechy on Tue, 02/05/06 - 11:28 PM Permalink

I really like this artur. I've checked out you website and I like the way you set it out.

some things to note:

the pose could be a little more dynamic(souri already mentioned this)
I'd like to see some highlight variation on the gold bits so they look like they are a different material from the grey.
perhaps a little more care could be taken with the background, just make it look a little cleaner, eg. sharpen some of the edges. only because the character looks really well rendered and finished while the background looks a lot less so.(dosen't mean going for a photorealistic finish mind you)
I dig the armour on the knight, and most of all, that is the coolest shield i have ever seen.

cheers bro.