Skip to main content

Submiting work

Submitted by Phunx on
Forum

Hi, im Phunx, new member here, new zealand modeler.

I just have a few questions about submiting work.

1. Ive noticed most of the work here sumbited is very low poly and optimized for games, does this have to be the case? i like to do some low poly modeling, but most of my work involves alot of dense scenes, used for impressive visuals for video productions etc, not so much opimized for games.

2.Ive also noticed all the work submited is complete work, and are just a few shots of the final product. Am i allowed to submit all my work i have done. Like say if have a few renders of some stuff i accidently made while playing around, and it turned out kinda good, but wasnt excaly a production peice of sorts.

3. Can i only sumbit work in groups of recent stuff i have made, or can i sumbit after every creation?

BTW, i am talking about works of finished 3d modeling. im not wanting to upload half finished models or anything. I relize the meaning of "showing off your work"

Submitted by souri on Thu, 29/04/04 - 10:46 PM Permalink

1. Any kind of modelling (high or low) is welcomed.

2. A general rule I guess for new members is to upload all your good work in one post, so they're grouped together. This prevents new members from taking over all the slots on the front page in one go.

Those kind of pieces are fine.

3. You can submit after every creation, but do be considerate of other members work as well. If you submit too many, you're pushing others work off the main page. If you have a lot of recent stuff to post (more than 2), please group them in one post.

Posted by Phunx on
Forum

Hi, im Phunx, new member here, new zealand modeler.

I just have a few questions about submiting work.

1. Ive noticed most of the work here sumbited is very low poly and optimized for games, does this have to be the case? i like to do some low poly modeling, but most of my work involves alot of dense scenes, used for impressive visuals for video productions etc, not so much opimized for games.

2.Ive also noticed all the work submited is complete work, and are just a few shots of the final product. Am i allowed to submit all my work i have done. Like say if have a few renders of some stuff i accidently made while playing around, and it turned out kinda good, but wasnt excaly a production peice of sorts.

3. Can i only sumbit work in groups of recent stuff i have made, or can i sumbit after every creation?

BTW, i am talking about works of finished 3d modeling. im not wanting to upload half finished models or anything. I relize the meaning of "showing off your work"

Submitted by souri on Thu, 29/04/04 - 10:46 PM Permalink

1. Any kind of modelling (high or low) is welcomed.

2. A general rule I guess for new members is to upload all your good work in one post, so they're grouped together. This prevents new members from taking over all the slots on the front page in one go.

Those kind of pieces are fine.

3. You can submit after every creation, but do be considerate of other members work as well. If you submit too many, you're pushing others work off the main page. If you have a lot of recent stuff to post (more than 2), please group them in one post.