Skip to main content

Image problem

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

I'm having this problem where, all the images that people put up are appearing as red crosses, is it just more is some one else having htis problem as well.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 30/06/04 - 8:48 PM Permalink

never mind, i think it's just photobucket fucking around.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 30/06/04 - 9:28 PM Permalink

yeah, its not sumea its just that a lot of people are hosting on photobucket

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 10/07/04 - 12:34 AM Permalink

im having the same problem...

i added a news entry and uploaded a pic and it just appears as a red cross...wtf?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 10/07/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

you probably didnt follow the specifications, read the little points that appear before you add an entry about image size, name etc

edit: yeah i think you need to change the name of the large image to 1L.jpeg as apposed to what you have which is L.jpeg

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/07/04 - 2:53 AM Permalink

I've had a look at what you uploaded, and I can only see http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/108_outbackHouse.jpg there.. there are no other files uploaded.

There are a few things wrong which tells me that you didn't follow the upload procedure of uploading thumbnails first, then writing news, then uploading the large pictures..

The picture above is named as a thumbnail (if it wasn't, then it would have an L at the end) - it's also placed as a thumbnail, but at 33k, it's way too big. Now, I can tell you must've done something funny because when anyone uploads anything bigger than 4k as a thumbnail, Sumea stops receiving at 4k. I'm guessing you uploaded this as the large image and re-edited your post so it'll show up as a thumbnail. At the moment it's loading up on the main page as a thumbnail, so it's slowing down the page for everyone.

It's also the wrong file dimensions.. 633x454 pixels, when thumbnails are 100x63, and large images are 800x600.

You really have to follow the step by step directions, it's really simple.

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 10/07/04 - 4:15 AM Permalink

ok, sorry about that...[V]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/07/04 - 12:48 PM Permalink

Give it another go, dude.. I don't mind you trying to get it right. Tell me which bit you're confused with.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

I'm having this problem where, all the images that people put up are appearing as red crosses, is it just more is some one else having htis problem as well.

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 30/06/04 - 8:48 PM Permalink

never mind, i think it's just photobucket fucking around.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 30/06/04 - 9:28 PM Permalink

yeah, its not sumea its just that a lot of people are hosting on photobucket

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 10/07/04 - 12:34 AM Permalink

im having the same problem...

i added a news entry and uploaded a pic and it just appears as a red cross...wtf?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Sat, 10/07/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

you probably didnt follow the specifications, read the little points that appear before you add an entry about image size, name etc

edit: yeah i think you need to change the name of the large image to 1L.jpeg as apposed to what you have which is L.jpeg

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/07/04 - 2:53 AM Permalink

I've had a look at what you uploaded, and I can only see http://www.sumea.com.au/simages2/108_outbackHouse.jpg there.. there are no other files uploaded.

There are a few things wrong which tells me that you didn't follow the upload procedure of uploading thumbnails first, then writing news, then uploading the large pictures..

The picture above is named as a thumbnail (if it wasn't, then it would have an L at the end) - it's also placed as a thumbnail, but at 33k, it's way too big. Now, I can tell you must've done something funny because when anyone uploads anything bigger than 4k as a thumbnail, Sumea stops receiving at 4k. I'm guessing you uploaded this as the large image and re-edited your post so it'll show up as a thumbnail. At the moment it's loading up on the main page as a thumbnail, so it's slowing down the page for everyone.

It's also the wrong file dimensions.. 633x454 pixels, when thumbnails are 100x63, and large images are 800x600.

You really have to follow the step by step directions, it's really simple.

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 10/07/04 - 4:15 AM Permalink

ok, sorry about that...[V]

Submitted by souri on Sat, 10/07/04 - 12:48 PM Permalink

Give it another go, dude.. I don't mind you trying to get it right. Tell me which bit you're confused with.