We are looking for someone to join us in a newly formed Social Media Gaming spin-off of an established company. You could be one of the first employees in this high-growth and exciting opportunity. The spin-off has the full backing of the parent company and thus none of the risks of a startup but all of the excitement and fun.
Do you possess the rare combination of art and programming skills?
You could be the visionary we’re looking for! As a small startup studio, we’re keen to bring in the rare developer who can handle both creative and coding aspects of game development, utilizing a wide range of skills to realise their vision with the help of the production team.
You will be required to work within the development team to create compelling online game experiences in a range of styles, so excellent programming and system design skills are essential to this role. Since your responsibilities will also include the creation of art assets that drive the visual identity and user interface of the game, your ability to communicate visually as well as verbally is essential to this role.
Your responsibilities will include
development of new games and game features, as well as enhancement of existing products. In your role, you will have the latitude to create both the game artwork and the gameplay mechanics. Therefore, you should be creative enough to work as the lead artist and the lead programmer on a title, and flexible enough to adapt your ideas to a team environment.
- At least 3 years of advanced experience working with ActionScript3
- Expert knowledge of Flash, including runtime, flash performance tuning, timeline animation, creative asset development using the Flash ID, creation of optimized movies/buttons/animation
- Excellent 2D graphical art skills, including vector graphics in Flash/Illustrator and Photoshop work
- A creative personality with a flair for integrating humour into cartoon-style graphics
- Ability to maintain detailed design documentation throughout the project cycle
- Understanding of good vs. bad gameplay mechanics
- Experience in game development (social/mobile experience a plus!)
- A passion for online games and game development
- Excellent ability to communicate your visual and systems designs via written and verbal communication
- Problem-solving skills strong enough to juggle multiple projects
- Experience creating Facebook apps
- Able to supply an exceptional digital portfolio of related work
- Sense of humour
For the right candidate, LOLGames can offer excellent benefits, including a competitive salary package, on-site gym, discounted healthcare, and the opportunity to work for a market leader with ongoing growth and career opportunities.
The suitable candidate will be given the opportunity to work with a great team in a fun, easy-going environment that places a big emphasis on social activities and company sports. LOLGames is based in Sydney, Australia, so applicants must be Australian citizens, permanent residents, or have a valid working visa in order to be considered for this position.
The salary package is negotiable based on the candidates skill set and work history.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company website: www.lolgames.com