Job Position type:
Bubble Gum Interactive - a dynamic independent Sydney-based game development studio behind Little Space Heroes, an amazing new virtual universe for kids - seeks an A+ digital producer for its team.
We’re in a phase of fast growth and are looking for an experienced producer with a passion for gaming, kid’s entertainment and transmedia. You will need to have demonstrated project management skills, solid technical understanding of flash gaming and web technologies and have a creative flair. Strong art direction skills and attention to detail are a must. An understanding of and experience working within Agile development environments and sprint planning is essential.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, you will own multiple project streams covering everything from new gameplay features to site enhancements and other technology iterations for Little Space Heroes. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the psychology of games and understand what creates maximum fun and enjoyment for our players, while also being a brand guardian by ensuring a world class quality. You’ll have a good intuition for game mechanics, a natural ability to get stuff done and be excited about coordinating our design and development teams.
- Support the Executive Producer and Art Director to ensure that all projects deliver to strategic and operational goals
- Own and manage project streams including: concept, planning, budgeting, scheduling, internal resource management, approvals, asset delivery and routine production tasks and ongoing support and maintenance.
- Ensure all concurrent game projects meet schedule, budgetary, marketing and localization requirements.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with internal and external departments including design, development, marketing and community and operations
- Developing requirements including information architecture (wireframes, user flows etc) for gameplay elements or operational online elements.
- Manage budgets to ensure that all work is delivered on time and within budget
- Ensuring quality control and QA testing is 100%
- Manage staff as required, including the Junior producer
- Participate in team building, knowledge sharing and be a passionate brand advocate.
- 3-4 years’ experience as digital/interactive producer in the online or games industry
- Excellent project management skills including developing and maintaining projects to plan (budget, scope, timeframe)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills and ability to coordinate internal and external parties to deliver on project goals.
- Ability to produce well-written concise project documentation including requirements, wireframes and user flows
- Experience with complex, digital products or services that include transactional elements
- Understanding of games design and development process, the internet and various technologies involved in creating and maintaining products online.
- Bachelor’s Degree or some equivalent study or employment experience/training.
This is a great opportunity to join a unique and fast-growing player in the gaming industry. We'll offer a competitive salary package, opportunities for growth and we have a dynamic and vibrant startup culture. To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.