You will work in an environment where social skills are just as important as your professional skills. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers and engineers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
Your role is to create complex tools, develop quality frameworks for art and game systems, work on general technical problem solving/support, help in improving the overall pipeline, and work closely with fellow artists & engineers on art implementation to the game.
As a senior tech artist you will coordinate with other artists and technical artists, be instrumental in developing workflows and pipelines while mentoring and providing support.
- Develop powerful and efficient workflows for the Art pipeline and asset management.
- Research and help develop new technologies.
- Act as liaison between Engineering and Art/Creative departments identifying needs and improvement to efficiencies.
- Mentor and support the art team and coordinating with other tech artists to provide consistent, high quality, team support.
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes.
- Be instrumental with problem solving challenging and daily production challenges while maintaining high quality throughout.
- Oversight of art content pipeline, from tools all the way into the game.
- Create new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality.
- Work efficiently within a prototyping production environment providing key art assets and efficient assets.
- Develop quality art assets where required and be instrumental with the vision for visual fidelity.
- Support and educate artists and engineers in the use of the art pipeline and user-facing engine tools.
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
- Identify redundancies in our workflow and provide solutions for automation.
- Analyse and improve efficiencies within the art creation and implementation workflow to optimise performance.
- Responsible for collaboratively developing the production pipeline to ensure efficient asset creation and delivery, and a streamlined process for artists and engineers.
- Document pipeline and tools development processes.
- Be instrumental in the development of artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product's visual style and encourage artistic technical evolution within the studio.
- Complete understanding of current game workflows and pipelines.
- Experience with multiple game engines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, Substance.
- Expert knowledge of architecting and developing tools in Python and the Qt Framework or native DCC language – Mel, Vex.
- Substantial working experience within a high-quality game or post studio environment, including at least one shipped title as a technical artist.
- A portfolio reflecting high quality game or production work, tools and expert understanding of workflows and practices.
- Extensive understanding of the performance implications of game art asset creation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
- Shader authoring skills.
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience.
- Experience with procedural pipelines.
- Expertise with agile development process.
A bit about the studio and office
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
One of the largest development studios in Australia, Wargaming Sydney created the award-winning BigWorld Technology, which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new games and advanced technologies.
We are a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website – www.wargaming.com
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.