Buy Somewhere is a Sydney-based indie studio working on its first title, a location-based multiplayer property tycoon mobile game. In our game, players choose what kind of real estate mogul they want to be, strategize around which properties to acquire, and either cooperate or compete with other players to reach their goals.
If you’re itching to deep dive into the complexity of map and property data, this may be the job for you!
We’re looking for an experienced Data Analyst with both highly technical data skills as well as more generalist data analysis and reporting capabilities. The role has a particular focus around mapping and property/business listing data with the aim of turning the chaos of the real world into our game world.
We seek someone that has:
- - 3+ Years data analysis experience
- Experience with sourcing data, data quality/accuracy checking, data cleansing, merging data, data review and summarisation
- Competence in micro data analysis
- Technical skills in SQL, Python (Pandas, Matplot), Jupyter notebook and advanced Excel functionalities
- High attention to details and ability to understand and summarise the big picture
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate within a small team
- A capacity to work independently
- Logical and creative problem solving skills
We’re especially interested if you have:
- - Completed a Degree in a highly analytical qualification such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science etc.
- Worked with Map and/or Property data
- Worked in the games industry
- Familiarity with using APIs
- Experience using statistical analysis tools like R
- Google cloud experience
- Worked with Machine learning
- - A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
-Pay based on experience
-A chance to work on a game from start to years into live service
-An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
-Relocation support. While Sydney-based applicants are preferred, we are open to applicants Australia-wide however, you must already be authorised to work in Australia (citizen, permanent residency or holder of a 457 visa.)
Do you see yourself in this?
We’d love to get your resume at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.