Starcolt is searching the starry skies for a new addition to our team – a versatile Games Programmer! We’re an independent games studio based in central Wellington, part of the Alliance Studio Group alongside our brother studio Zachtronics. We’re crafting simulation games that make you feel things – whether that’s a giggle, or a flutter of the heart. We firmly believe in the emotional power of games as a medium as well as cultivating a healthy work environment to make them, and we hope you do too!
Core Skills & Experience:
• At least 3 years of experience in game development in C#.
• Experience in using Unity engine and third-party tools.
• Experience in software development in a collaborative environment/part of a team working on a large project.
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills – you can get the best out of a creative relationship with designers, producers and artists.
• Experience shipping commercial titles.
• Demonstrable knowledge about and passion for video games, especially simulation games.
• Basic tech infrastructure and networking knowledge.
• Previous experience working on simulation games (management or dating simulations a plus).
• Interest in empathetic and/or narrative game experiences.
• A child-friendly, dog-friendly office space in central Wellington.
• Flexible working hours, as well as flexibility around parenting or caregiving responsibilities.
• A focus on mentorship in your field, and clear professional development paths.
• Creative input into our development projects.
If this ad has piqued your interest, then please let us know by emailing email@example.com. The role is onsite in Wellington, New Zealand, and we are looking for someone with the right to work in New Zealand – either a New Zealand or Australian citizen or someone with a work visa. We are currently unable to provide relocation assistance.
Starcolt is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.