ROLE: Game Developer
(Short term contract with opportunity for ongoing work)
We are looking to add to our small team of developers creating 3D simulation games. We are ideally seeking a game developer with skills in game design, development and programming. If you have skills in any of these two areas, then we encourage you to apply.
- Able to work independently, making smart solutions that fit our needs
- Open to feedback and collaboration
- Can work cooperatively as part of a diverse and motivated team
- You are passionate about using your skills to drive positive social change
- You have a strong work ethic
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have good problem solving skills
- We maintain and promote an inclusive workplace and have zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment. You will not exhibit any - behaviours or attitudes that conflict with this policy.
- Minimum 1 year commercial experience using Unity3D
- Have shipped at least one game
- Can write clean, maintainable and robust C# code
- Sound knowledge of design, particularly for creating narratives and designing educational gameplay scenarios
- Strong understanding of Unity UI
- Familiar with developing for iOS, WebGL and Android
- Familiar with GIT or similar version control software
- Ability to work asynchronously alongside junior and senior developers
- Familiarity with Twine, Yarn or similar game narrative tools
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or related field
- Portfolio of any relevant prototypes / shipped projects
- Experience in education or training
Enabler Interactive is a social enterprise led by ACT Young Australian of the Year Huy Nguyen, established to address the challenges faced by people with disability.
Enabler has taken a revolutionary approach to training to improve access to quality support services, by utilizing 3D simulation gaming technology to teach support workers fundamental knowledge and practical application of skills. Users learn by interacting with and assisting virtual intelligent characters with disabilities in a number of simulated scenarios.
Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
*We are located in The Arcade, Melbourne.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Enabler - Game Developer”.
We value diversity and inclusivity and encourage people of all different genders, backgrounds, cultures, ages, abilities, appearances and orientations to apply. We actively seek to bring positive social change into every aspect of our work.