We are searching for a full-time Lead Programmer to join our small, diverse team on-site in Melbourne! An ideal candidate is a strong coder, loves solving technical and creative challenges and learning new skills. Our team needs someone who is great at written and verbal communication, can explain technical concepts to non-technical folks, and is ideally experienced in managing and mentoring junior programmers.
Mountains is a craft games studio based in Melbourne, Australia. Our first released title was the critically acclaimed mobile game Florence. Founded by Ken Wong, the lead designer of the Apple Design Award winning Monument Valley, Mountains aims to create small, beautiful games that linger in hearts and minds.
The health and happiness of our employees is our highest priority. We believe a happy team and strong communication are the keys to creative innovation and efficient production.
You will be
- The lead programmer on a small team, working across a small number of projects
- Working full-time from our studio in South Melbourne
- Located in The Arcade, Australia’s leading game development co-working space
You will receive
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Travel and speaking opportunities at industry events (domestic and international)
- Resources and support for ongoing professional development
You will need:
- Positive attitude and strong sense of initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with C# / Unity3D
- Experience and enjoyment of small team working environments
- Strong problem solving skills
- At least two shipped titles, or equivalent experience
- Ability to quickly learn new technical skills
- Ability to design hardware and software solutions to meet studio and project needs
- Ability to work collaboratively with designers, producers and QA
- Ability to manage and mentor junior programmer(s)
- Attention to detail, and a deep care for your craft
- Experience on mobile games
- Experience on PC, Mac or console projects
- Game design and/or level design skills, and the ability to articulate these concepts
- Interest in casual, social, independent, and experimental games
- Significant management, production or project manager experience
- Applications from diverse backgrounds are encouraged
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight AEST on May 24th 2018. A minimum of 2 professional references are required in your application, and referrals are highly regarded.
Applications received from people working in similar industries will be treated with the strictest of confidence. As part of our recruitment procedures for this role, Mountains may independently verify the information you provide us during the recruitment process. Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted as a result of this application.