Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the regulated gaming and global lottery industries. We specialise in the development, production and distribution of fun and exciting products such as Instant Scratch products and systems, Electronic Table Games, Gaming Machines and advanced Casino systems.
Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world's very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, Scientific Games has continued to be a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years across 3 divisions – Gaming, Lotteries and Interactive.
With over 8000 employees around the world, we are always looking for high performing people to join our exciting and innovative business. We want professionals from all types of backgrounds with varying experiences to contribute to our diverse, but strong culture – to create the world's best gaming and lottery business.
This unique and exciting full time opportunity will be based in our new Silverwater Head Office. As the Senior Software Engineer you would see yourself working within the GDK (Game Development Kit) team on the tools that support the development of compelling game experiences for casino products. Your primary responsibility will be to deliver high quality tools and processes for all assigned projects. It will require the development, support, and maintenance of various automation systems used by multiple game studios across the globe.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
• Utilise technical knowledge to complete design, development, testing, and integration of software tasks and projects
• Develop expert knowledge of GDK code base and subsystems and contribute to its development, advancement, and maintenance
• Work closely with other departments on identifying and creating reusable software components
• Work independently to design and implement solutions for projects and tasks of moderate to high complexity
• Provide timely, accurate project reports and information to lead
• Maintain up to date knowledge on new programming methods, best coding practices, and new software technologies
• Maintain understanding of competitive products and technology
• Develop strong knowledge of Scientific Games development processes
Essential Skills & Experience:
The successful applicant is required to possess the below:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years experience in a similar role
• Extensive Windows development and administration experience
• Extensive development experience with Python, Powershell, Groovy, Bash and .Net
• Experience with containerisation technologies such as Docker
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
• Experience with databases such as pgSQL, MariaDB
• Exposure to Windows development
• Exposure to vSphere management
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong technical leadership/mentorship skills
• Enjoy working in a creative environment
• Competitive remuneration package + superannuation.
• New and modern office spaces, games rooms and break out areas.
• On-site parking and cafe.
How to Apply:
• If you believe you would excel in this role please send an application letter addressing the positions key requirements, along with a copy of your CV.
• This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to apply and develop their skills and experience in a fantastic and vibrant environment.
Please submit your application to Jessica Tsolakis, HR Coordinator at Scientific Games at Jessica.Tsolakis@scientificgames.com
Australian residents / citizens only need apply
No Recruitment Agencies Please