Halfbrick Sydney : Full-Time Positions
Applications close 28th October 2011
Halfbrick Studios, the highly successful Brisbane based studio behind such titles as Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Monster Dash, Raskulls and Age of Zombies is seeking people to start its exciting new Sydney office.
These are Full-Time positions and we are looking for both experienced people as well as juniors to form the initial team!
Halfbrick was founded in 2001 and since then expanded to over 50 of the best staff in the industry. We have successfully released over 16 titles across multiple platforms ranging from the Nintendo DS/DSi right through to Xbox Live Arcade and new mobile platforms such as the iOS and Android.
About our Teams
Our people work in smaller, self directed teams and are given opportunities to contribute to both the design and implementation across all of our games. As a Brick you will be given the freedom to work across multiple areas and make significant contributions to every game you work on.
Halfbrick values its people and strives to provide a creative, rewarding environment where we can pursue our passion of creating great games, without regular crunch periods and other negative aspects that plague more traditional game development.
If you want to make smaller, fun games in a great environment, contact us today!
We are looking for people who...
• Are passionate about games.
• Want to work on the kind of games Halfbrick develops.
• Pay attention to detail.
• Work well in a team.
• Focus on high quality.
• Have great communication skills.
Awesome, crack programmers who know how to make fun games and can read a designer’s mind.
• Strong knowledge of C++.
• Ability to self manage tasks.
• Possesses a strong sense of gameplay design and theory.
• Ability to quickly prototype and demonstrate gameplay mechanics.
• Previous iPhone or Nintendo DS experience beneficial but not mandatory.
We are looking for multi-talented, creative artists with a passion for games and capable of creating beautiful eye candy, both 2D and 3D.
• Character/Environment 3D modelling, texturing, animation and concepting a must
• Photoshop, Illustrator and traditional painting/rendering techniques
• Traditional fine art skills (illustration, painting, human anatomy, organic forms, colour theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design)
• Artistic and technical familiarity with marketing material, graphic design, storyboarding, colour keys and 2D character turnarounds.
• Understanding of the fundamentals of 3d packages is a plus
• Some familiarity with video game product development including, but not limited to workflow, tools, limits of technology
• Technical familiarity with game production is a plus.
• Ability to work as part of a team and excellent communications skills a must.
We are looking for genius game designers with great instincts and creative flair.
• Excellent communication skills are a must.
• Flash or other prototyping experience a plus.
• Any playable games, mods, level designs, prototypes or anything else that you think will show us just how skilled and creative you are is required. If there is nothing for us to play, we can’t tell just how good you are!
You do not need tertiary qualifications or a huge number of years of experience, the most important thing is that you are talented, professional and able to work well with everyone at Halfbrick!
Please submit your resume and Links to your portfolios to email@example.com, and please use Sydney with type of position (Designer, Artist or Programmer) you are applying for as the subject. To email portfolios over 10mb and under 50mb use yousendit.com.
Alternatively, mail to:
Level 1, 190 Kelvin Grove Rd
QLD, 4059, Australia