Playcorp Studios is searching for enthusiastic individuals with console experience to join the programming team. As a console programmer, you will be helping the team to create a fun and AAA game experience for the players that runs great on PC and Consoles.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Finding efficient and creative solutions in an existing codebase that works well on the target platforms including PC and Consoles
* Working in an agile development environment
* Troubleshooting and debugging issues in the game
* Optimization of code to meet the performance requirement on target devices
* Support the team with your expertise and help to maintain best development practices
* Define the required steps and estimation time to deliver assigned tasks
* Contribute to code review and technical design documentation
* QA testing of other team members’ task submissions
Requirements and experience:
* At least 5 years of professional game development experience
* 1 or more shipped title on consoles (XBox1 and/or PS4)
* C# expert
* Previous experience with Unity 3D
* Extensive knowledge of programming in areas such as Networking, Multi-threading, compilers and computer graphics
* Experience optimizing both performance factors and memory footprints on game consoles using hardware and software profilers
* Strong communicator that works well on a team
Nice to have:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
* Good understanding of ECS pattern and Unity Dots
* Experience in low-level programming using C/C++
* Experience with modern graphics pipelines and rendering APIs
Playcorp is a seasoned game development studio based in Melbourne Australia. We are currently working on a number of games for the PC, Console and Mobile platforms for a worldwide audience. We work with some of the industry’s most noteworthy and experienced game developers, producers and artists.
We’re looking for talented individuals that are like-minded in creating beautifully designed aesthetically pleasing art and features. Because we are a small company, any knowledge in game design will greatly help with your work. We want everyone to feel like they have ownership of their role and work and take control of it’s direction, with feedback of course.
Working with us you'll get access to our wonderful shared workplace managed by The Cluster. The office is home to other brilliant companies and friendly faces that are always willing to have a chat. They host weekly lunches and events frequently and have snacks out everyday and don’t forget the free drinks every Friday night.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!