ABOUT MODERN STORYTELLER
Modern Storyteller is an award-winning game studio based in Melbourne, Australia. We’re lean, but ambitious.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
We’re working on a narrative-driven game with RPG elements called The Forgotten City. Think of it as Groundhog Day in Pompeii 2.0. It’s a stand-alone re-imagining of a wildly popular mod, which won a national Writers’ Guild award, and has been downloaded over 2.5 million times. The game was revealed at E3’s PC Gaming Show 2018 where it won an Unreal E3 award, and was voted 3rd most anticipated indie of 2018 at IndieDB. It has received backing from both Film Victoria and Epic Games. You can learn more about it here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a hybrid Social Media / Community Manager to join our team part time (2 days a week, and more toward launch) for a fixed term of 12 months. The term may be extended.
As our Social Media / Community Manager, you’ll be helping to build and retain our decent-sized communities on Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube, etc. You will:
1. Keep up to date with development of the game
2. Take artistic screenshots and record videos for GIFs
3. Think of new and creative ways to help us engage our audience
4. Engage key members of the press and streamers and get them excited about our game
1. Demonstrated success building social media networks
2. Understanding of the video game industry
3. Demonstrated skill in composing social media posts
4. Be located in Melbourne
1. Experience using Unreal Engine 4
2. Have experience using SourceTree / git
3. Understanding of our modding community
WHY WORK WITH US?
1. Competitive remuneration (relative to experience)
2. Work on an exciting, high-profile title
3. Freedom to work remotely from your home office
4. Flexible work arrangement opportunities
5. Possibility of ongoing work as the studio grows
HOW TO APPLY
Please email info [at] modern-storyteller.com by 5pm on Friday 25 October with:
1. A one-page cover letter outlining why you’d be a good fit for our team
2. Links to the social media following(s) you've built
3. Your CV
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
1. If you make it onto our shortlist, you’ll be contacted to arrange a phone or in-person interview. This will cover your professional experience and probe your skills.
2. If the interview goes well, we’ll conduct reference checks.
3. If your references checks go well, we’ll make you an offer.