Are you a Junior System Administrator?
The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to many aspects of our production network; including user support, OS management and scripting.
- Manage and troubleshoot hardware and software issues on user workstations running Mac, Linux, and occasionally Windows.
- Assist with misc. items, such as power issues, building issues, and other general issues
- Productively and neatly assist in ethernet cabling, power cabling, server setups and take downs, and deployments
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems
- Deploy workstations, render nodes, and servers for production use
- Act as a first point of contact for user issues
- Knowledge of OSX, CentOS/RHEL, Fedora
- Knowledge of and experience with networking concepts
- A proactive, curious, energetic, personality with the ability to troubleshoot any problem
- A strong desire and ability to learn and apply new knowledge and techniques
- Ability to lift a server or other similarly weighted item from time to time, independently
- Ability to troubleshoot without guidance for hardware, software, and networking issues
- Familiar with visual effects facility pipelines or similar
- A rooftop patio with a million dollar view of Melbourne
- Really, really good coffee
- Paid vacation days - four weeks per year!
- Paid sick days (cough!)
- A dedicated culture team that plans fun, rolls out fun & has fun!
- Mates, not colleagues
If this looks like you, please apply here: http://www.lumapictures.com/job-detail/?job_id=59284a28-9dbb-4fdd-a14f-a...