We are an Australian-owned game development studio, with strong, established relationships with publishers in the US and Europe.
We’ve worked on licensed products for Disney, Dreamworks, Sony, Mattel, Nickelodeon, and others. Currently we’re working on titles in the tactics, MMO & first-person shooter genres.
We’re based in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. We are hiring for 2 programming jobs, a Junior Unity Programmer and a Junior/Mid C++ Programmer. Both are full time- fixed term roles, lasting until late December 2018. Salary will be 50K+ per annum commensurate with experience.
• Strong understanding of C/C++ or strong knowledge of Unity (for Unity programmers)
• Sound knowledge of 3-D maths and physics
• Ability to work on tasks unsupervised
• Strong technical problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify and implement fun game-play
• Provide creative input to the design and implementation of gameplay mechanics
• Able to integrate quickly into an existing team
• Huge passion for creating and playing games
• Have developed and implemented game-play mechanics on a commercial game
• Vendor certification experience
• Experience in Unity and/or Unreal Engine 4
• Experience in one or more of the following gameplay disciplines:
• Strong understanding of C/C++ (for Unity programmers)
• Character animation
• Artificial intelligence
• Game camera logic and behaviour
• Game-play physics
• Effects, including both particle and sound
• User Interface design and implementation
• Experience creating shaders
• Strong understanding of C/C++ (for content-based candidates)
• Two or more years experience
• Worked on at least one completed or soon-to-be-released game title
• Experience working with current generation consoles and/or mobile devices and/or PC
Only applicants with Australian residency will be considered. Please note we do not relocate international or interstate applicants and we are not considering offsite employment.
All applications must include a folio with examples of their work, as either a USB or a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are unable to process applications which do not include this information.
Please address all applications and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Torus does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.