Halfbrick Brisbane: C++ Programmer
Halfbrick is the Brisbane based game studio behind the highly successful Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride. We are seeking C++ Programmers to join the Web Services Team in our Brisbane Studio.
About Halfbrick Studios
Halfbrick was founded in 2001 and since then has expanded to over 50 staff. We have released over 30 titles across multiple platforms from Nintendo DS through Xbox Live Arcade, iOS and Android.
About the Position
This role will involve the implementation of user interfaces and developing client-server interaction. Working closely with artists and designers you will be creating elegant, usable interfaces based on prototypes using proprietary UI tools in C++. As part of a team you will be developing client technology, tightly integrated into mobile games through HTTP. You will also work closely with game teams, assisting them in integrating client technology into their games.
Our people work in smaller, self-directed teams and are given opportunities to contribute to both the design and implementation across all of our games. As a Brick you will be given the freedom to work across multiple areas and make significant contributions to everything you work on.
- Experienced with C++ and several other languages.
- Skilled at object oriented programming with exposure to other program design paradigms.
- Committed to designing and writing high quality production code.
- Aware of the hardware representation of your code & data.
- Mindful of the performance of your choice of algorithm & data structure.
- Assertive and disciplined with the ability to self-manage tasks.
- Engaged by a team environment.
- Excited by the opportunity to support game development teams.
Halfbrick values its people and strives to provide a creative, rewarding environment where we can pursue our passion of creating great games, without regular crunch periods and other negative aspects that plague more traditional game development.
What to Submit
- Portfolio (incl. hobby projects, open source projects, assignments, artworks).
- Tertiary academic history.
- A cover letter (incl. if you are still studying).
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Halfbrick Brisbane: C++ Programmer – Barry Steakfries”. But instead of Barry’s name, put your name!
This role is located in Brisbane, Australia. You must live in the area or be willing to relocate.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!