This role would be perfect for a recent graduate to gain experience with professionals, interested in a profit share component who would like to add to their portfolio. You need to be Sydney based to be part of the team.
We are looking for an iOS game developer to help with the creation of a game for the iPad. While experience at building apps for the iPhone or iPad is essential, this role would be perfect for a recent graduate looking to get involved in a real project which will look great in your portfolio.
It is a great project for a developer with ideas
The game is different from anything you have seen before. It provides a completely new method of thinking about the passage of time and how to simplify and then actually learn Universal History (which is everything from Big Bang to the present!). The app is a race against the clock which requires matching images to a unique board design and rescuing characters lost in time.
The project is based upon a board game used over a number of years initially used by the Australian Graduate School of Management as a method of developing alternative ‘mental models’. It was then continued as a research project at Macquarie University which provided evidence of highly successful learning outcomes and also the user demand for an iPad version.
You will have the benefit of working with an IT project manager and UI designer, who are commercially experienced and have already created much of the content, character design and user experience. Working with them you will be required to deliver the functionality of the app.
• Implement new features and bug fixes in our iPad app.
• Begin contributing code to the iOS project in your first week on the job.
• Work with other team members to build and develop game, part-time over the next 6 months
• You will be familiar with Xcode, Objective-C and SpriteBuilder
• Knowledge of game frameworks for iOS
• Can take initiative and contribute to delivering the best possible experience for users
Other Desirable Experience
• Experience connecting apps to Facebook API
• You have shipped at least 1 mobile app (native iOS), either personally or with a company
• You have worked in a test-driven development environment
• You have worked with Agile methodology
• You are a mobile enthusiast - with strong interest and opinions about mobile technology
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul (evenings and weekends) on 0408 213 862