Torus Games is seeking a talented animator to join the team at our Bayswater studio for a short-term contract.
The successful applicant will be required to:
* Create high quality in-game and cinematic animations using hand key animation and motion capture data
* Work within restrictions of engines, platforms and deadlines
* Contribute to meetings and maintain communication with the rest of the development team
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Experience creating high quality cinematic and in-game animations
* Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions
* Ability to animate a variety of facial expressions
* Advanced and demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal
* Highly experienced and proficient with Maya
* A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games
* Good communication skills
* Credits on at least three published titles
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Experience with the Unity Engine pipeline
* Experience creating gameplay locomotion animations and behaviour trees
Only applicants with Australian citizenship or relevant visas will be considered. We do not relocate international or interstate applicants and we are not considering off-site employment.
All applications must include work samples, as either a CD/DVD or a link to an online portfolio, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. We are unable to process applications which do not include this information.
Torus does not accept solicitations from recruitment agencies.