Dreamgate Studios is a privately funded company based in Canberra, Australia focused on the development of scalable, innovative, engaging and persistent MMO mobile game worlds. We are looking for highly talented and driven individuals who want to become core members of a small and growing team dedicated to creating games that influence millions.
The Systems Designer is expected to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to create general and specific system designs. This will include (but is not limited to) creating systems such as combat, skills and resource collecting systems.
• Ownership of complex game systems.
• Collaborate with art, design and other engineers to architect, develop and support key systems.
• Modelling and tuning complex game systems using excel or other relevant tools.
• Provide clear systems feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes.
• Synthesise theme, game mechanics, monetisation and social features into an integrated product.
• Maintain core game loop and game balance.
• 3+ years experience of game design in mobile and free-to-play.
• Experience in MMO games with e-commerce and microtransactions.
• Experience designing online and social game features.
• Experience in developing rule-sets (character classes, enemies, skill systems, etc.)
• Experience in live-operation.
• High Proficiency in Excel and its functions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in playing online and MMO games on both PC/Console and Mobile for a minimum of 2 years.
• Positive attitude and ability to embrace change.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Game Design; will consider equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as: Lua and Python.
• Excellent math and analytical skills.
• Able to provide visual designs or rough mock-ups (through Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchup, etc.)
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com