Wargaming Sydney is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our talented team of game creators as they embark in creating the next big free-to-play PC title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
You are a strange mixture of Artist and Coder, a Warrior Poet of sorts, you will take ownership of the Art tools and pipelines as we build our next game using Unreal Engine 4. You will possess excellent verbal and written skills as you will be the bridge between Art and Engineering disciplines, and help provide communication and cohesion between all groups.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows to realize the artistic vision.
- Create efficient materials/shaders to be used across multiple game assets.
- Actively drive framerate and memory optimisation, by any means necessary.
- Establish content specs to achieve visual target while optimizing for target platforms.
- Assist with the management/integration of all art assets, ability to get your hands dirty and lend a hand with content creation.
- Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instil best practices.
- Be the bridge between creative and engineering.
- 2+ years of experience as a senior/lead technical artist.
- Experienced with Unreal Engine (UE4), C++ and Blueprints. Additionally scripting skills such as MEL, Python, etc are desirable.
- Experience in analytics and optimization best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.s
- Buckets of enthusiasm and self-motivation, and ability to motivate others and love of making games.
A bit about the studio and office
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
Wargaming Sydney is the software studio behind BigWorld Technology, the cutting-edge online game engine that powers World of Tanks, the smash-hit MMO with over 100 million players, and other record-breaking titles. BigWorld Technology is the product of a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website and apply today at www.wargaming.com/en/careers/
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.