Millipede is an award-winning mobile, education and game development agency. We create elegant experiences that make people learn, laugh and tap ‘Play’ one more time. Our guiding principle is to create an environment where people can learn, grow and love what they do.
As a Mobile Developer, you’ll deliver fun, polished and (in many cases) socially meaningful projects. With several years’ commercial experience of developing and shipping quality mobile apps and games, you will be comfortable developing for both iOS and Android in cross-platform environments. You’ll be working on ground-breaking, play-based learning games, chart-topping games, and award-winning gamification campaigns. And you’ll create these exceptional games and apps for high-profile clients across government, healthcare, financial services and retail.
At Millipede, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced environment, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At Millipede, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance
• Contribute across entire app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
• Proactively identify development tasks required to implement solutions within agreed budgets and timelines.
• Produce technically sound work that meets high standards of performance, reliability and maintainability of code.
• Build prototypes to rapidly demonstrate features.
• Optimise application and tool performance.
• Work directly with game designers, user experience designers, artists, animators and producers to conceptualise, build, test and realise exceptional creative products.
• Share and showcase knowledge internally, participate in team meetings and embrace a culture of openness, learning and respect within a high-performing, collaborative team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• Excellent programming skills, especially in C#.
• Sound understanding of software design patterns, code hygiene best practices and development methodologies.
• Solid understanding of web services and REST APIs.
• Thorough technical knowledge of iOS and Android platform-specific considerations, e.g. SDKs, IDEs, interaction paradigms and hardware limitations.
• Able to integrate high fidelity creative designs, including graphics, animation, UX, UI and game designs.
• Familiar with either Unity or Xamarin mobile development.