Halfbrick Brisbane : User Interface / User Experience Designer
Submissions close 6th of March 2012.
Halfbrick Studios, the highly successful Brisbane based studio behind such titles as Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, Monster Dash, Raskulls and Age of Zombies is seeking a full time User Interface / User Experience Designer to help us develop next generation mobile social technology and games.
About Halfbrick Studios
Halfbrick was founded in 2001 and since then has expanded to over 50 of the best staff in the industry. We have successfully released over 16 titles across multiple platforms ranging from the Nintendo DS/DSi right through to Xbox Live Arcade and mobile platforms such as iOS and Android.
About the Position
This role will primarily involve the design of both web and mobile user interfaces, with a high focus on creating a seamless user experience.
Our people work in smaller, self-directed teams and are given opportunities to contribute to both the design and implementation across all of our games. As a Brick you will be given the freedom to work across multiple areas and make significant contributions to everything you work on.
You will be required to possess:
• Extensive experience in designing elegant and consistent UIs.
• A passion for creating elegant user experiences and interfaces.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
• A strong attention to detail and a focus on high quality.
• A keen sense for future product needs.
Things that will help you out but aren’t essential:
• Web design experience.
• Previous iPhone, Android, console or handheld development experience.
• Flash or other rapid prototyping experience.
• A broad knowledge of game development topics.
Halfbrick values its people and strives to provide a creative, rewarding environment where we can pursue our passion of creating great games, without regular crunch periods and other negative aspects that plague more traditional game development.
What to Submit
• Portfolio (incl. hobby projects, open source projects, assignments, artworks).
• Tertiary academic history.
• A cover letter (incl. if you are still studying).
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “UI/UX Designer” including your name at the end, eg: “UI/UX Designer – Barry Steakfries”.
This role is located in Brisbane, Australia. You must live in the area or be willing to relocate.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!