• Attractive salary offers / long-term position
• Merit based quick promotion possibilities
• Rapidly growing company
• Award-winning team and projects
What’s this about:
Award-winning serious games company LionsHeart Studios, is looking for talented, dedicated and driven Advanced Mid Back-End Programmers with strong portfolios and experience in the videogame industry to join its rapidly expanding team based at the University of New South Wales, Kensington Campus.
At LionsHeart we aim to develop videogames that can educate the world, and successfully bridge the gap between the two. We care immensely about our users and aim to deliver our best in all our products.
Already counting a number of successful titles played by thousands of students across Australia and abroad, we are now moving towards the international market as we ramp up for our public release this year.
A few early prototypes of our products can be found at http://lionsheartstudios.com/courses
About the position:
In this role we expect you to become an indispensable member of the tech team, working closely with game designers, developers and researchers to create game functionality in a very agile environment.
If you care about writing elegant code that can make a difference, you believe games can change the world and you are ready to quickly learn on the job and take initiative, come join us!
* Experience with Promises, coroutines and the async/await pattern
* Comfortable using Git
* Experience with at least one other major language (e.g. Python)
* Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
* Experience with Linux
* Excellent communicator and team player
* Bachelor in Computer Science/Software Dev/similar or equivalent demonstrable industry experience
* Experience with reactive frameworks (e.g. React)
* Experience with Meteor or similar real-time frameworks.
* Experience with Docker
* Python proficiency
* Experience with Django
* AWS product knowledge
* A Github account showcasing your open-source contributions, perhaps with some projects of your own
* An interest in delivering educational content (any scholarly background?)
If you are interested in joining a fun (and overachieving) team of people delivering award-winning serious games, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please apply for this role only if you have the right to work in Australia. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.