We're Dinosaur Polo Club - a games studio full of lovely people making games in Wellington, New Zealand. Right now there are eight of us keen little dinos, working on some cool new projects. It’s an exciting time for the studio and we’re looking for people to join in and help us reach new heights.
This is an important role with a broad set of responsibilities, but at its core it's about looking after the team. Our people are the most important part of Dinosaur Polo Club and we’re looking for someone with people management experience to help ensure our dinos are happy, healthy, and have a nurturing environment. This is where you come in!
We’re looking for someone who is compassionate, conscientious and genuinely passionate about creating a people-first workplace. You don’t need to have worked in the games industry, but an interest in games or the creative process may help.
As Studio Manager you will be working with the directors to manage and grow the studio and the processes that support our team:
- • People
- • Helping people achieve their best work by developing and coordinating training, mentorship, and annual review processes
- • Working with the team to ensure that everyone is happy, fulfilled, and that we have the processes in place to support them
- • Acting as an advocate for the team to the producers and business directors
- • Identifying gaps within the team and recruiting to fill them
- • Studio
- • Working with directors to define and implement strategic initiatives
- • Representing the studio externally by developing and maintaining relationships with partners and platform holders
- • Managing studio finances with regular reconciliations and budget checkups
- • Maintaining a healthy and functional work environment for the whole team
You don’t have to have experience in all of these areas, and you won’t be taking on all these responsibilities from your first day. We’re committed to helping you grow in this role and provide training as necessary as you become familiar with the studio and take on more responsibilities.
If this strikes you as an exciting opportunity, hooray! Get in touch by emailing email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter. We’d love to hear from you.
- • Annual remuneration of NZ$70k-90k, depending on experience.
- • Annual training budget of NZ$7k. This covers NZGDC in Auckland, GCAP in Melbourne, and GDC in San Francisco, or can be tailored to your preferences.
- • The position is 30-40 hours per week (negotiable) and on-site in Wellington, New Zealand. We have a relocation budget for remote applicants.