Plastic Wax is an award-winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
We are currently looking for a SENIOR UNREAL LIGHTING/SHADING ARTIST to join us in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney. We will consider remote for those with exceptional portfolios and/or reels. Start ASAP for project-based contract.
- Use artistic and technical skills to work in Unreal Engine
- Create hi-res and lo-res modelling, texturing, shading/lighting
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Art direction lead the Unreal team
- Use your senior generalist skills on cinematics when required
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Engage with our Asset Lead, Creative Director and Producers
- Highly proficient with UE4 and creating both hi-res and lo-res models for both in-engine & cinematic use, etc
- Understanding of lighting fundamentals.
- Knowledge of colour theory.
- Strong sense of light and shadow.
- Knowledge of Global Illumination.
- Basic understanding of Blueprint.
- Adept using Z-Brush, Photoshop, VRay, 3DSMax or Maya
- Ability to follow design reference.
- Ability to work with wide range of styles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to evaluate time requirements
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- A strong understanding of real-world materials is essential and must be demonstrated in your portfolio/reel
- Onsite candidates must be Australian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Experience leading a team
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on sculpting and/or photography
- TD skills
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your portfolio/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [SnrUEArtist] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please include where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
PLASTIC WAX is this year's honoured recipient of:
2017 Winner AEAF - GOLD - Game Trailers
2017 Winner AEAF - SILVER - Game Trailers
2017 Winner NSW Creative Laureate Award
2017 Finalist Promax GAMES Awards