Halfbrick are looking for a Technical Manager to support our growing technical needs.
Leading an established and talented team, we will be looking for someone to drive the vision of tech in collaboration with the CEO and other key stakeholders.
This role involves working closely with the team implementing the backend services for all of our games. You will be responsible for leading a team of programmers and systems administrators in supporting and extending our cloud infrastructure and client services. You will also work with the business intelligence team, helping them design new data models and cross service architectures to bring cohesion across several sources of data. You will help your team implement solutions across a large range of problem spaces with very big data. You will help care for the stability of our servers and ensure they’re running optimally.
- A strong programmer, with a broad range of languages at their disposal;
- An excellent manager, capable of protecting the time of your team and triaging support requests;
- Experienced with maintaining servers and databases in an AWS environment;
- Able to work with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases with very large datasets; &
- Able to design elegant solutions to complex problems and lead a team to execute them.
- Previous Game Development experience;
- Familiar with both client and server programming; &
What to Submit:
- Portfolio (incl. hobby projects, open source projects, assignments). Please host this online and link to it;
- A cover letter.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Halfbrick Brisbane: Technical Manager – Barry Steakfries”. But instead of Barry’s name, put your name!
This role is located in Brisbane, Australia. You must live in the area or be willing to relocate and be able to work in Australia.
We are looking forward to hearing from you. Good luck!