Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the regulated gaming and global lottery industries with 8000+ employees worldwide. We specialise in the development, production and distribution of fun and exciting products such as Instant Scratchies, Slot Machines, and Electronic Table Games including Blackjack, Roulette and Baccarat.
Scientific Games has an exciting full time opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer, based in our Silverwater Head Office, reporting into our Senior Manager, Engineering.
Join an awesome team in our brand new premises with facilities such as on-site carpark, games room with console games, ping pong tables, pinball machine and arcade machines.
This unique and exciting full time opportunity will be based in our brand new Silverwater Head Office where you will see yourself an integral part of our GDK (Game Development Kit) team with reporting lines into our Senior GDK Engineering Manager in our Las Vegas Office. The role will see you working on the GDK framework to support the development of compelling game experiences for casino products.
You will primary be responsibility for delivering high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. It will require the development, support, and maintenance of a reusable gaming framework used by multiple game studios across the globe. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
• Utilize technical knowledge to complete design, development, testing, and integration of software tasks and projects.
• Develop expert knowledge of GDK code base and subsystems and contribute to its development, advancement, and maintenance.
• Work closely with other departments on identifying and creating reusable software components.
• Work independently to design and implement solutions for projects and tasks of moderate to high complexity.
• Provide timely, accurate project reports and information to lead.
• Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals.
• Maintain up to date knowledge on new programming methods, best coding practices, and new software technologies.
• Maintain understanding of competitive products and technology.
• Develop strong knowledge of Scientific Games development processes.
Essential Skills & Experience:
The successful applicant is required to possess the below:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years experience in a similar role
• C# .Net experience is required.
• Experience with Visual Studio is required.
• UI Development.
• Windows Programming is required.
• Development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems.
• Software Development processes.
• Design Patterns and Object Oriented Programming.
• Knowledge of Unity 3D is not required, but is preferred.
• Competitive remuneration package + superannuation.
• New and modern office spaces, games rooms and break out areas.
• On-site parking and cafe.
How to Apply:
• If you believe you would excel in this role please send an application letter addressing the positions key requirements, along with a copy of your CV.
• This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to apply and develop their skills and experience in a fantastic and vibrant environment.
Australian residents / citizens only need apply
No Recruitment Agencies Please