Senior Unreal Engine Developer
Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
Plastic Wax has an immediate need for a Senior Unreal Engine Developer with strong UE3/UE4 development experience to join us in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney, Australia to work on a contract basis.
Immediate start for the right candidate.
- Collaborate on design of and implement novel, artist-facing features for the Unreal Engine 4 editor
- Implement open architecture for an animation production platform within Unreal
- Develop a predictable, extensible, fault-tolerant tools pipeline to aid artists in producing content
- Create mockups and design documentation for new features, tools, and production workflows
- Respond to feedback and troubleshoot issues
- Work closely within a team of developers and artists in Plastic Wax and other development partners
- Contribute toward supporting and maintaining related areas of the Unreal Engine-4 code base
- Professional experience as an Unreal Engine Developer, ideally at a senior capacity
- Strong experience in Unreal Engine 3 or 4 codebase and tools
- Solid understanding of 3D graphics fundamentals
- Strong general programming skills
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Work well within a team focused environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
- Must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Professional experience in 3D computer-graphics production is desirable
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Experience developing plugins for extending Maya, Houdini, 3ds Max, or similar
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application and include letting us know where you saw this job ad, in an email to:
Subject: [UE Developer] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls please.