Krome Studios is Australia's largest independent games studio, located in 3 states and on average, 350 employees Australia-wide. Since 1999 we have created many successful games on multiple platforms and languages, including licensed titles such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Hell Boy: The Science of Evil and Scene It! We have also created our own IP, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger and have more great titles in development.
Vacancy: Sound Designer (MELBOURNE)
Our studio in Melbourne is looking for a talented, experienced Sound Designer to join our team. As the sole Sound Designer in Melbourne, you will be in a fairly autonomous position, reporting to the Lead Sound Composer in Brisbane. This position will require several weeks training in our Brisbane Head Office.
- Creation, editing and conversion of high quality sound effects
- Organising, recording, editing and conversion of audio dialogue
- Intelligent placement of sound effects in animations, cut scenes and levels
- Liaise with other team members, both local and interstate, as well as publishers
- Implementing sound for non-interactive media
- Ensure that personal work is meeting all standards (checking work, check-in - procedures, build checklists etc)
- Perform additional tasks as requested
Is this you?
If you would love to work with us and are wondering what you need to join, we are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- Videogames experience in Senior role on at least two shipped titles essential
- Experience with wave editing software such as Sound Forge, Audition, Wave lab, etc
- Affinity for video games
- Background in Sound Design
- Competent PC user (Windows and Mac)
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new software tools;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
Why choose Krome?
We pride ourselves on our casual, relaxed environment and supportive teams. We also have training and development programs to refresh or develop your skills and Friday night 'unwind' nights of pizza, beer and games!
Please email all applications and examples of work to email@example.com or call HR on +617 3257 2377.