Krome Studios is Australia’s largest independent game development studio and with over 5 project teams, over 350 talented employees and an increasing presence in the worldwide game development industry.
Krome Studios has created many successful titles on multiple platforms and languages, including TY the Tasmanian Tiger™, Krome’s own IP and Platinum selling global videogame franchise.
Our latest titles about to hit the shelves include, Star Wars: The Force Unleased (Wii, PS2 and PSP), Hellboy: The science of evil (PS3 and Xbox360) and some great unannounced titles in development.
Vacancy: Lighting Artist for our Melbourne Studio
We are looking for a talented, technical artist who specializes in creating new and innovative lighting for our upcoming titles.
The main areas you will be involved in are:
• Creating lighting rigs for environments and characters
• Setting up technically proficient and artistically sound lighting solution for primary game assets.
• Executing the lighting look across a variety of genres, with the assistance of the lead artist.
Is this you?
If you would love to work in this role and are wondering what you need to show your talents, we are looking for people with:
• Fundamental understanding of light, form, shadow and colour.
• Proven experience lighting levels for a commercially released game
• Understanding of 3D lighting solutions.
• A good working knowledge of at least one major 3D software package
• Ability to quickly master in-house tools
• Take a provided design and complete work within provided style consistently
• Ability to work within a style including styles set by others
Why work for Krome?
We pride ourselves on our casual, relaxed environment and supportive teams. We also have training and development programs to refresh or develop your skills and Friday night ‘unwind’ nights of pizza, beer and games!
Please email all applications and examples of work to email@example.com or call HR on (07) 3257 2377.