Skip to main content

Sumea T-Shirts

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

Submitted by souri on
Forum

I am thinking of designing some wicked Sumea t-shirts sometime when I have the funds. They're pretty expensive to produce (printing and shirt costs, plus you have to produce them in numbers), so I'm curious as to how many of you would be interested in one.

I want to make a Sumea Launchpad shirt for modellers, which says "I do it with models 24 hours a day" [:)]

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 21/01/04 - 12:38 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I don't think I'd be making much money from it - the aim is to make them affordable as possible, and I'd certainly would have to sell most of them to recuperate the costs of making them..

Well think though $2-$4 profit from a shirt would be $100 or $200 if you sold 50 of them. And i think $200 should help cover a fair amount of bandwidth costs. Although thats just me judging things [;)].

Cheers,

Tom

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 03/02/04 - 5:22 AM Permalink

What about using some art from the website design on the shirt?

Or maybe a collage of members' artwork? I've seen some great work around here, it'd look great on a shirt.

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 03/02/04 - 5:38 AM Permalink

You mean like the good ol' AGDC shirts?

Depends on the artwork that you can use for the collage tho...

Although with Souri being an artist something cool should be produced?

Submitted by TheBigJ on Fri, 06/02/04 - 4:17 AM Permalink

Yeah, the AGDC shirts are simple but work well. You could put a "SUMEA LAUNCHPAD." graphic across the front or something and a collage on the back.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:20 AM Permalink

I have a preference for something simple like that as well.

I've got a few things on my plate (indie dev support on the site, Sumea member spotlights), but I'm hoping to get some shirts printed out done asap - will have to enquire about getting a P.O Box too.

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:39 AM Permalink

so will there be a certain number of these shirts made, then the first people to ask for one, get one...or will they be made by a show of hands (ie. how ever many people order one will get one)?

if so...put me at the top of the list!

Submitted by souri on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:41 AM Permalink

I'll be making about 50, so once that print run is done, no more prints!

Submitted by Jacana on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:43 AM Permalink

Can I put in for one request souri - I realise there are not a lot of females on the forums but is it possible to get a few of the shirts done as baby doll (girl) t-shirts :)

I was thinking even for the girl shirts maybe have something kinda cheeky like "Game development never looked so good..."

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 6:24 AM Permalink

I too want a BabyT style shirt. That way I can show off my hairy belly button to all the sexy ladies.

Submitted by Jacana on Fri, 06/02/04 - 6:28 AM Permalink

Wanna come shopping with me tomorrow, too, Aven?

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 8:53 AM Permalink

I wouldn't want to show you up :p G-String hanging out from my hipster jeans. It's a hard one :)

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 06/02/04 - 9:53 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Aven

...It's a hard one :)

That's just too much info... besides, you're too late anyway, she's at Target as we speak [:)]

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 10:11 PM Permalink

I actually meant that it is a hard one to beat :) Me in a G-String that is. I knew that I worded that one wrong :p What is worse is that anyone who knows what I look like will be laughing their arse off right now. You don't want to see me in a G :shudder:

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 07/02/04 - 2:17 AM Permalink

the only place I want to see a G-string is on a guitar!

Submitted by TheBigJ on Sat, 07/02/04 - 2:27 AM Permalink

Put me down for one. A T-Shirt I mean, not a G-String :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 23/03/04 - 4:09 PM Permalink

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeashirt.gif[/img]

This is what the design should look like. I might choose to print on tighter fitting bonds shirts rather than loose t's, but we'll see. I was planning for only a 1 colour print, but 2 colours look so much better, which means it will cost a bit more to print unfortunately. I'll be looking into printing costs etc and will post cost details when I have them, and I'm planning to only have 50 shirts printed.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 23/03/04 - 6:48 PM Permalink

man thats kool! I want one!

any chance of having them ready before the Indie Game Dev Conference? that way we would all know the Sumeans!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 23/03/04 - 7:34 PM Permalink

Thats very cool looking Souri :) People wont be able to not notice all the Sumeans running around :D

You have a vote here for tighter fitting tops though.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 23/03/04 - 8:43 PM Permalink

im all for the tighter fitting tops too...but not for myself...[;)]

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 24/03/04 - 3:50 AM Permalink

hey Souri, any chance of printing the persons username on the back of the shirt?

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 24/03/04 - 3:59 AM Permalink

So... whats the prices? As i think i might get one of these shirts.

/me estimates $24.95

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 24/03/04 - 6:13 AM Permalink

heh heh i could go with something a bit dimmer then yellow personally but the designs cool :D that annotated figure is present around a lot of sumea.

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 24/03/04 - 6:31 AM Permalink

Hey Souri,

On discussion of colour I think it'd be cool if we could get shirts that were a bluish to match the site colour. Also, don't suppose you were looking into any babydoll shirts since both Aven and I are interested *pokes Aven in the belly*

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 24/03/04 - 7:52 AM Permalink

Hey watch it Chezza. You dont want your finger to get caught up in my belly button hair :p Besides, after last weekend, I think my girlfriend would kill you (I had some female sales rep in Sydney hitting on me and trying to feel me up :confused looks from me: ) :)

Some other colours would be cool, but I personally like the yellow. Barbie Pink is a must for Chezza's and my baby-ts :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 24/03/04 - 8:06 AM Permalink

yeah that colour is cool, i dont mind bonds but would prefer a loose one simply cos i am a tank and don't wanna hurt anyone :) I look like one of inglis's hi poly models, veins everywhere [:p]

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 24/03/04 - 6:48 PM Permalink

er... which part of your anatomy are you talking about?

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 24/03/04 - 7:38 PM Permalink

lol...*quivers*

Submitted by souri on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:24 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Kane

hey Souri, any chance of printing the persons username on the back of the shirt?

Nah, that would be extremely costly. Printers like to print a run of shirts, usually at least over 50 at a time. If he had to stop and change the screen print for each shirt, he sure would love to charge me the privalege of doing so [:)].

quote:Originally posted by Jacana

On discussion of colour I think it'd be cool if we could get shirts that were a bluish to match the site colour. Also, don't suppose you were looking into any babydoll shirts since both Aven and I are interested *pokes Aven in the belly*

I might get a mix of blue and yellow shirts then. The reason I didn't pick blue is that it doesn't go too well with jeans. Heck, yellow doesn't go too well with blue jeans either [:)]. It does stand out much more though. So yeh, it might have to be 12 blue bond shirts, 12 blue loose t's, 13 yellow bond shirts, 13 loose yellow t's. I'll have to look into getting a special babydoll shirt for you, maybe the printer has some in stock to print on.

Yeh, hoping to get them done before the Independant Game Developers Conference.

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 25/03/04 - 9:04 PM Permalink

sick! bags me a blue (loose) one then!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 25/03/04 - 10:50 PM Permalink

likewise, id be up for a blue loose

Posted by souri on
Forum

I am thinking of designing some wicked Sumea t-shirts sometime when I have the funds. They're pretty expensive to produce (printing and shirt costs, plus you have to produce them in numbers), so I'm curious as to how many of you would be interested in one.

I want to make a Sumea Launchpad shirt for modellers, which says "I do it with models 24 hours a day" [:)]

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 21/01/04 - 12:38 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I don't think I'd be making much money from it - the aim is to make them affordable as possible, and I'd certainly would have to sell most of them to recuperate the costs of making them..

Well think though $2-$4 profit from a shirt would be $100 or $200 if you sold 50 of them. And i think $200 should help cover a fair amount of bandwidth costs. Although thats just me judging things [;)].

Cheers,

Tom

Submitted by TheBigJ on Tue, 03/02/04 - 5:22 AM Permalink

What about using some art from the website design on the shirt?

Or maybe a collage of members' artwork? I've seen some great work around here, it'd look great on a shirt.

Submitted by Daemin on Tue, 03/02/04 - 5:38 AM Permalink

You mean like the good ol' AGDC shirts?

Depends on the artwork that you can use for the collage tho...

Although with Souri being an artist something cool should be produced?

Submitted by TheBigJ on Fri, 06/02/04 - 4:17 AM Permalink

Yeah, the AGDC shirts are simple but work well. You could put a "SUMEA LAUNCHPAD." graphic across the front or something and a collage on the back.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:20 AM Permalink

I have a preference for something simple like that as well.

I've got a few things on my plate (indie dev support on the site, Sumea member spotlights), but I'm hoping to get some shirts printed out done asap - will have to enquire about getting a P.O Box too.

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:39 AM Permalink

so will there be a certain number of these shirts made, then the first people to ask for one, get one...or will they be made by a show of hands (ie. how ever many people order one will get one)?

if so...put me at the top of the list!

Submitted by souri on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:41 AM Permalink

I'll be making about 50, so once that print run is done, no more prints!

Submitted by Jacana on Fri, 06/02/04 - 5:43 AM Permalink

Can I put in for one request souri - I realise there are not a lot of females on the forums but is it possible to get a few of the shirts done as baby doll (girl) t-shirts :)

I was thinking even for the girl shirts maybe have something kinda cheeky like "Game development never looked so good..."

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 6:24 AM Permalink

I too want a BabyT style shirt. That way I can show off my hairy belly button to all the sexy ladies.

Submitted by Jacana on Fri, 06/02/04 - 6:28 AM Permalink

Wanna come shopping with me tomorrow, too, Aven?

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 8:53 AM Permalink

I wouldn't want to show you up :p G-String hanging out from my hipster jeans. It's a hard one :)

Submitted by J I Styles on Fri, 06/02/04 - 9:53 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Aven

...It's a hard one :)

That's just too much info... besides, you're too late anyway, she's at Target as we speak [:)]

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 10:11 PM Permalink

I actually meant that it is a hard one to beat :) Me in a G-String that is. I knew that I worded that one wrong :p What is worse is that anyone who knows what I look like will be laughing their arse off right now. You don't want to see me in a G :shudder:

Submitted by Kane on Sat, 07/02/04 - 2:17 AM Permalink

the only place I want to see a G-string is on a guitar!

Submitted by TheBigJ on Sat, 07/02/04 - 2:27 AM Permalink

Put me down for one. A T-Shirt I mean, not a G-String :)

Submitted by souri on Tue, 23/03/04 - 4:09 PM Permalink

[img]http://www.sumea.com.au/simagesmisc/sumeashirt.gif[/img]

This is what the design should look like. I might choose to print on tighter fitting bonds shirts rather than loose t's, but we'll see. I was planning for only a 1 colour print, but 2 colours look so much better, which means it will cost a bit more to print unfortunately. I'll be looking into printing costs etc and will post cost details when I have them, and I'm planning to only have 50 shirts printed.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 23/03/04 - 6:48 PM Permalink

man thats kool! I want one!

any chance of having them ready before the Indie Game Dev Conference? that way we would all know the Sumeans!

Submitted by Aven on Tue, 23/03/04 - 7:34 PM Permalink

Thats very cool looking Souri :) People wont be able to not notice all the Sumeans running around :D

You have a vote here for tighter fitting tops though.

Submitted by Kane on Tue, 23/03/04 - 8:43 PM Permalink

im all for the tighter fitting tops too...but not for myself...[;)]

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 24/03/04 - 3:50 AM Permalink

Submitted by tbag on Wed, 24/03/04 - 3:59 AM Permalink

So... whats the prices? As i think i might get one of these shirts.

/me estimates $24.95

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 24/03/04 - 6:13 AM Permalink

heh heh i could go with something a bit dimmer then yellow personally but the designs cool :D that annotated figure is present around a lot of sumea.

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 24/03/04 - 6:31 AM Permalink

Hey Souri,

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 24/03/04 - 7:52 AM Permalink

Hey watch it Chezza. You dont want your finger to get caught up in my belly button hair :p Besides, after last weekend, I think my girlfriend would kill you (I had some female sales rep in Sydney hitting on me and trying to feel me up :confused looks from me: ) :)

Some other colours would be cool, but I personally like the yellow. Barbie Pink is a must for Chezza's and my baby-ts :D

Submitted by bullet21 on Wed, 24/03/04 - 8:06 AM Permalink

yeah that colour is cool, i dont mind bonds but would prefer a loose one simply cos i am a tank and don't wanna hurt anyone :) I look like one of inglis's hi poly models, veins everywhere [:p]

Submitted by Aven on Wed, 24/03/04 - 6:48 PM Permalink

er... which part of your anatomy are you talking about?

Submitted by Kane on Wed, 24/03/04 - 7:38 PM Permalink

lol...*quivers*

Submitted by souri on Thu, 25/03/04 - 5:24 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Kane

Nah, that would be extremely costly. Printers like to print a run of shirts, usually at least over 50 at a time. If he had to stop and change the screen print for each shirt, he sure would love to charge me the privalege of doing so [:)].

quote:Originally posted by Jacana

I might get a mix of blue and yellow shirts then. The reason I didn't pick blue is that it doesn't go too well with jeans. Heck, yellow doesn't go too well with blue jeans either [:)]. It does stand out much more though. So yeh, it might have to be 12 blue bond shirts, 12 blue loose t's, 13 yellow bond shirts, 13 loose yellow t's. I'll have to look into getting a special babydoll shirt for you, maybe the printer has some in stock to print on.

Yeh, hoping to get them done before the Independant Game Developers Conference.

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 25/03/04 - 9:04 PM Permalink

sick! bags me a blue (loose) one then!

Submitted by MoonUnit on Thu, 25/03/04 - 10:50 PM Permalink

likewise, id be up for a blue loose