Skip to main content

Sumea T-Shirts

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

Submitted by souri on
Forum

I am thinking of designing some wicked Sumea t-shirts sometime when I have the funds. They're pretty expensive to produce (printing and shirt costs, plus you have to produce them in numbers), so I'm curious as to how many of you would be interested in one.

I want to make a Sumea Launchpad shirt for modellers, which says "I do it with models 24 hours a day" [:)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 10:57 PM Permalink

Yeah for sure im in on the shirt thing - tight yellow for me and tight yellow for my fiancee!!!

oh thats right - we have to win comps to get these do we not ?

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:17 PM Permalink

any idea yet of a price range for these Sumea shirts?

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:44 PM Permalink

Just wondering (I dont mean to pry into things or anything) but where is the cash going, a bigger better Sumea? [:p]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 29/03/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

I'm not going to be making much money out of it. I'll have to sell most of it to break even, I'd guess. So if only 10 people buy a shirt, then I'm screwed [;)] No idea how much it's going to costs until I speak to the printers and find out material costs...

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 29/03/04 - 7:45 AM Permalink

Going take some pre-orders first then?

Submitted by souri on Tue, 30/03/04 - 1:41 PM Permalink

Not really needed. I'm sure everyone who has mentioned here that they're interested in a shirt won't miss out or anything. Planning to get the designs, cost details and everything sorted with the printers this weekend.

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 30/03/04 - 8:41 PM Permalink

I mean so this doesnt happen "So if only 10 people buy a shirt, then I'm screwed "

Submitted by TheBigJ on Wed, 31/03/04 - 2:18 AM Permalink

Lookin' good, Souri!

Put me down for a blue loose.

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 31/03/04 - 3:13 AM Permalink

I'm not too sure about the white-on-yellow design personally. The white is quite hard to see on a bright yellow like that... :/
For printing usernames on the back, you can probably either get it done, or get an iron-on transfer for it at some sort of clothing modification store or something (guessing).
Sign me up for a loose blue (don't want to pop any seams), although i'd consider the yellow if it had a darker colour for the design.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 31/03/04 - 8:04 AM Permalink

What about if you get a preorder from the members here, and then arrange their names on the back of the tshirt?

it'll be just like a highschool jumper etc :-)

Submitted by Maitrek on Tue, 06/04/04 - 9:48 PM Permalink

I'd probably go for a yellow loose. Bonds style just wouldn't look right on me. Hell, yellow doesn't look right on me either, but I'm sure I can make it work.

I'm sure if anyone here wants to get there name printed on the back they could get an iron-on transfer themselves? If we had to we could agree on a font and size/colour/style if we were that fussy and 'conformist'.

Submitted by hobonation on Thu, 08/04/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

I believe I shall perchase a loose blue T when avalible.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 29/04/04 - 12:03 AM Permalink

How are the tshirts going? Any chance they'll be ready for the indy game dev conference?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Thu, 29/04/04 - 7:03 AM Permalink

Yeh, I mentioned on another thread that I'm planning to bring a few shirts down for the IGDC - it'll save $5 on postage/packaging costs so you'll get it $5 cheaper. I've been hunting around for nice quality shirts, and I have found a place where I can buy as much as I need. I may have to cut down to a 30 shirt print run though because doing 50 will cost me a fortune. Will have to see how much the printers charge.
btw, there won't be any yellow shirts since only blue/dark blue, and red are the only choices available at the store. I'll make photo's available on Sumea when the shirts are printed.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 29/04/04 - 9:20 AM Permalink

Sounds great! Good to hear you'll be coming down for the conference too :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Thu, 06/05/04 - 12:52 AM Permalink

An update on the shirts, I've just got back from the printers.. I'm doing only a 50 shirt print run. 30 small size, 20 medium size shirts (medium is quite big), and blue colour only..

I'll be getting a P.O box up asap for people to send money orders, but the shirts should cost $20 each, extra $5 for postage + packaging... will model and post pics once the shirts are done (sometime next week).. [8]

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 06/05/04 - 12:55 AM Permalink

maybe I can get a small size and wear it on my head...

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 06/05/04 - 6:24 PM Permalink

Hey Souri - did you get baby doll shirts for Aven and myself? ;)

Seriously tho - will you be taking spares down to the conference? Just curious because that'd be handy to grab one while you are down.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 06/05/04 - 6:37 PM Permalink

I'm with Chezza on that one. I'm sure that like me, she will be willing to fit any extra costs that are involved with having them made. If we are going to Pimp this site, we may as well look as sexy as posible :"> Plus seeing as though winter is basically here, the blue colour our stomachs will take on will mach that oh so pretty pink :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 06/05/04 - 11:08 PM Permalink

Nah, didn't get any baby doll ones done [:(]. Definately will be bringing some down! I'll post pictures next week, so when that happens, give me a yell here if you want one and you're going to Free Play or Sumea dinner.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 07/05/04 - 11:15 PM Permalink

THEY'RE HERE!! The shirts are printed and they're great! I'm wearing one now [:)].. The shirts are very good quality - I was going to pick up a box Bonds shirts to print on, but these ones are so much better (double stitching around collar, shoulder, sides, everywhere), and the print turned out so much better than I expected! The small type wasn't supposed to be readable, but they actually are. Because the shirts are all blue, the black is not as easy to see (if I went with yellow shirts, it would've showed up much better). Probably could've ditched the black ink/screen to get costs down (or probably should've printed a small sumea logo on the back), but nevertheless, it still looks great!

Anyway, will post shot digicam shots when I can grab a friend's camera...

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I hope that you will be the modeller and we can see your face! ... Then we can wait for inglis to poke photoshop fun at it [;)].

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 08/05/04 - 11:43 PM Permalink

i only did that once because the expression on moonunits (?) face was too good to let slide.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 09/05/04 - 12:11 AM Permalink

if inglis didnt, i would have, the expression was screaming "please deface me".

sorry moony [:P]

Submitted by Rahnem on Sun, 09/05/04 - 1:45 AM Permalink

Bring some to the conference. I might buy a couple [:)]

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 09/05/04 - 11:31 PM Permalink

who wants to shout me ;

What designs it got on it?

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 10/05/04 - 2:08 AM Permalink

eh i had it coming :P
joy shirtness!! though it looks like i might only make it to the sunday program so theyll probably be gone by then :(

Submitted by Morphine on Mon, 10/05/04 - 2:12 AM Permalink

Count me in for a Medium shirt. Can't wait to see them [:D]

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 10/05/04 - 4:31 AM Permalink

Only 50 shirts? They should go like hot cakes!
Any chance of more down the track? I'd love to get one.

Stickers would be cool too. We could drive around in our Sumea mobiles!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 11/05/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by bullet21

who wants to shout me ;

There should be a pic of it on page 4 of this thread. I'll be posting some digital camera shots of it real soon so you'll see what it looks like exactly :)

Posted by souri on
Forum

I am thinking of designing some wicked Sumea t-shirts sometime when I have the funds. They're pretty expensive to produce (printing and shirt costs, plus you have to produce them in numbers), so I'm curious as to how many of you would be interested in one.

I want to make a Sumea Launchpad shirt for modellers, which says "I do it with models 24 hours a day" [:)]

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 25/03/04 - 10:57 PM Permalink

Yeah for sure im in on the shirt thing - tight yellow for me and tight yellow for my fiancee!!!

oh thats right - we have to win comps to get these do we not ?

Submitted by Kane on Fri, 26/03/04 - 11:17 PM Permalink

any idea yet of a price range for these Sumea shirts?

Submitted by tbag on Sun, 28/03/04 - 9:44 PM Permalink

Just wondering (I dont mean to pry into things or anything) but where is the cash going, a bigger better Sumea? [:p]

Submitted by souri on Mon, 29/03/04 - 7:22 AM Permalink

I'm not going to be making much money out of it. I'll have to sell most of it to break even, I'd guess. So if only 10 people buy a shirt, then I'm screwed [;)] No idea how much it's going to costs until I speak to the printers and find out material costs...

Submitted by inglis on Mon, 29/03/04 - 7:45 AM Permalink

Going take some pre-orders first then?

Submitted by souri on Tue, 30/03/04 - 1:41 PM Permalink

Not really needed. I'm sure everyone who has mentioned here that they're interested in a shirt won't miss out or anything. Planning to get the designs, cost details and everything sorted with the printers this weekend.

Submitted by inglis on Tue, 30/03/04 - 8:41 PM Permalink

I mean so this doesnt happen "So if only 10 people buy a shirt, then I'm screwed "

Submitted by TheBigJ on Wed, 31/03/04 - 2:18 AM Permalink

Lookin' good, Souri!

Put me down for a blue loose.

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 31/03/04 - 3:13 AM Permalink

I'm not too sure about the white-on-yellow design personally. The white is quite hard to see on a bright yellow like that... :/
For printing usernames on the back, you can probably either get it done, or get an iron-on transfer for it at some sort of clothing modification store or something (guessing).
Sign me up for a loose blue (don't want to pop any seams), although i'd consider the yellow if it had a darker colour for the design.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 31/03/04 - 8:04 AM Permalink

What about if you get a preorder from the members here, and then arrange their names on the back of the tshirt?

it'll be just like a highschool jumper etc :-)

Submitted by Maitrek on Tue, 06/04/04 - 9:48 PM Permalink

I'd probably go for a yellow loose. Bonds style just wouldn't look right on me. Hell, yellow doesn't look right on me either, but I'm sure I can make it work.

I'm sure if anyone here wants to get there name printed on the back they could get an iron-on transfer themselves? If we had to we could agree on a font and size/colour/style if we were that fussy and 'conformist'.

Submitted by hobonation on Thu, 08/04/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

I believe I shall perchase a loose blue T when avalible.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 29/04/04 - 12:03 AM Permalink

How are the tshirts going? Any chance they'll be ready for the indy game dev conference?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Thu, 29/04/04 - 7:03 AM Permalink

Yeh, I mentioned on another thread that I'm planning to bring a few shirts down for the IGDC - it'll save $5 on postage/packaging costs so you'll get it $5 cheaper. I've been hunting around for nice quality shirts, and I have found a place where I can buy as much as I need. I may have to cut down to a 30 shirt print run though because doing 50 will cost me a fortune. Will have to see how much the printers charge.
btw, there won't be any yellow shirts since only blue/dark blue, and red are the only choices available at the store. I'll make photo's available on Sumea when the shirts are printed.

Submitted by Blitz on Thu, 29/04/04 - 9:20 AM Permalink

Sounds great! Good to hear you'll be coming down for the conference too :)
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Thu, 06/05/04 - 12:52 AM Permalink

An update on the shirts, I've just got back from the printers.. I'm doing only a 50 shirt print run. 30 small size, 20 medium size shirts (medium is quite big), and blue colour only..

I'll be getting a P.O box up asap for people to send money orders, but the shirts should cost $20 each, extra $5 for postage + packaging... will model and post pics once the shirts are done (sometime next week).. [8]

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 06/05/04 - 12:55 AM Permalink

maybe I can get a small size and wear it on my head...

Submitted by Jacana on Thu, 06/05/04 - 6:24 PM Permalink

Hey Souri - did you get baby doll shirts for Aven and myself? ;)

Seriously tho - will you be taking spares down to the conference? Just curious because that'd be handy to grab one while you are down.

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 06/05/04 - 6:37 PM Permalink

I'm with Chezza on that one. I'm sure that like me, she will be willing to fit any extra costs that are involved with having them made. If we are going to Pimp this site, we may as well look as sexy as posible :"> Plus seeing as though winter is basically here, the blue colour our stomachs will take on will mach that oh so pretty pink :)

Submitted by souri on Thu, 06/05/04 - 11:08 PM Permalink

Nah, didn't get any baby doll ones done [:(]. Definately will be bringing some down! I'll post pictures next week, so when that happens, give me a yell here if you want one and you're going to Free Play or Sumea dinner.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 07/05/04 - 11:15 PM Permalink

THEY'RE HERE!! The shirts are printed and they're great! I'm wearing one now [:)].. The shirts are very good quality - I was going to pick up a box Bonds shirts to print on, but these ones are so much better (double stitching around collar, shoulder, sides, everywhere), and the print turned out so much better than I expected! The small type wasn't supposed to be readable, but they actually are. Because the shirts are all blue, the black is not as easy to see (if I went with yellow shirts, it would've showed up much better). Probably could've ditched the black ink/screen to get costs down (or probably should've printed a small sumea logo on the back), but nevertheless, it still looks great!

Submitted by tbag on Sat, 08/05/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by Souri

I hope that you will be the modeller and we can see your face! ... Then we can wait for inglis to poke photoshop fun at it [;)].

Submitted by inglis on Sat, 08/05/04 - 11:43 PM Permalink

i only did that once because the expression on moonunits (?) face was too good to let slide.

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 09/05/04 - 12:11 AM Permalink

if inglis didnt, i would have, the expression was screaming "please deface me".

sorry moony [:P]

Submitted by Rahnem on Sun, 09/05/04 - 1:45 AM Permalink

Bring some to the conference. I might buy a couple [:)]

Submitted by bullet21 on Sun, 09/05/04 - 11:31 PM Permalink

who wants to shout me ;

Submitted by MoonUnit on Mon, 10/05/04 - 2:08 AM Permalink

eh i had it coming :P
joy shirtness!! though it looks like i might only make it to the sunday program so theyll probably be gone by then :(

Submitted by Morphine on Mon, 10/05/04 - 2:12 AM Permalink

Count me in for a Medium shirt. Can't wait to see them [:D]

Submitted by palantir on Mon, 10/05/04 - 4:31 AM Permalink

Only 50 shirts? They should go like hot cakes!
Any chance of more down the track? I'd love to get one.

Stickers would be cool too. We could drive around in our Sumea mobiles!

Submitted by souri on Tue, 11/05/04 - 7:47 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by bullet21

who wants to shout me ;

There should be a pic of it on page 4 of this thread. I'll be posting some digital camera shots of it real soon so you'll see what it looks like exactly :)